Senior Product Manager, Identity and Access Management
Checkr provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups.
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for an experienced Product Manager with broad and deep knowledge of Identity and Access Management. Our IAM services assist our customers and candidates in aligning security management strategy with business goals by managing who has access to which resources and services, as well as enforcing business, privacy, and security policies. The PM will need to work with various integrations from an IAM standpoint viz. APIs, ATS and channel partners and our dashboard interface. The product manager will develop and execute a long-term IAM strategy and product roadmap for Checkr, and its systems and capabilities that support our risk and fraud initiatives. This individual will work with multiple cross-functional teams to deliver the best in class Identity solutions.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr:
- Be the product owner driving our strategic product and technology vision for Identity. Own the team's products, existing or new, from ideation through development to launch, growth, and maintenance.
- Translate customer and internal-user needs into clear, well-defined functional and technical requirements backed by data analysis and deep understanding of the fraud and identity landscape.
- Develop and execute a customer-focused product roadmap via close collaboration with senior leadership, SecOps, Operations, Data Science, Analytics, Design and Engineering.
- Communicate clearly roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels. Ensure that key leadership & stakeholders are aligned on proper priorities, opportunities and progress on key initiatives.
- Collaborate and communicate across the entire organization to ensure proper identity management and security measures are embedded on new projects and initiatives.
- Execute on roadmap with proper OKRs, project tracking and tooling for successful delivery.
What we value in Identity and Access Management PM:
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Project Management, Information Technology or related field. Candidates must have 5+ years of experience in IAM.
- Identity Management (automated provisioning, de-provisioning, certification, etc.), Access Management (MFA, SSO, LDAP), Privileged Access Management and RBAC experience
- Strong Knowledge of Applications and how Identities are managed with past experience delivering authentication and verification systems, including OAuth, 2FA and SAML.
- Capable of working cooperatively across multiple teams working in a challenging, dynamic and global environment.
- Experienced in meeting goals in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing needs.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to gather relevant data and information, actively listen, dialogue freely, verbalize ideas effectively, negotiate tense situations successfully, and handle and resolve conflict.
- MBA and/or CISM, CISSP certification
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Checkr has found the way to balance safety and consumer protection. It is our responsibility to be accurate and help our clients avoid errors. Background screenings are transactions that rely on trust and we believe trust is based on transparency. Consumers deserve more transparency on their rights and the information in their report. Employers deserve more transparency on data, its value and their responsibilities.