Strategic Account Executive
Checkr provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups.
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
As a Strategic Account Executive, you will drive new business in the strategic segment through your prospecting, deal and pipeline management, and closing abilities. You will be part of an elite, professional, and rapidly growing team that succeeds through collaboration, tenacity, and constant improvement.
- As part of the Strategic sales team, you will engage prospects at a senior executive level to pursue and close new business within Fortune 1000 accounts across a wide variety of vertical markets
- You will handle inbound leads that come through our Demand Generation and SDR teams, and do outbound prospecting to fill your pipeline with qualified sales opportunities
- You will consistently achieve revenue targets by applying modern sales techniques and processes to efficiently manage sales opportunities through your funnel to a successful close
- You will use your creativity and tenacity to develop and improve how we target and penetrate new vertical markets
- As part of the sales team, you will contribute directly to the success and growth of the company
What you bring:
- 7+ years of B2B sales experience in a hunting role
- 5+ years of experience selling at an executive level to the Fortune 1000
- Demonstrable track record of above target performance, especially in a startup environment
- Experience selling HR technology is ideal
- Experience selling into HR leaders also advantageous
- On-Demand, Staffing, Retail, Hospitality, Food-Service, or Call-Center vertical experience is desired
- You learn quickly and are excited to take on challenging new projects
- You are smart, self-motivated, organized, detail and process oriented
- As a true colleague you enjoy planning, executing, winning, and celebrating as a team
- You are a clear and direct communicator
- You exceed expectations and hold yourself accountable to a higher standard of excellence
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Checkr has found the way to balance safety and consumer protection. It is our responsibility to be accurate and help our clients avoid errors. Background screenings are transactions that rely on trust and we believe trust is based on transparency. Consumers deserve more transparency on their rights and the information in their report. Employers deserve more transparency on data, its value and their responsibilities.
Want to learn more about Checkr? Visit Checkr's website.
The world's largest funding platform for creative projects