Checkr provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups.
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $4.6B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We're looking for a Revenue Controller to join our team to help us manage our financial systems and track our progress within a fast-paced environment that's growing. This individual will work directly with the Corporate Controller and will be responsible for managing revenue accounting operations and staff, specifically the Billing & Invoicing Team, and Technical Revenue Team.
- Manage and lead the global revenue close and reporting process, including the review of revenue models, review and approval of journal entries, reconciliations, fluctuation analysis, and other various accounting and reporting deliverables
- Thorough management and training of the Revenue Accounting teams, ensure the Company’s revenue recognition and accounting results are accurate and in compliance with ASC 606 and internal accounting policies
- Review and approve all new technical documentation prepared by the Technical Revenue team
- Partner with Deal Desk to review and provide thought leadership on various customer contracts, including converting and implementing contracts into revenue models in NetSuite
- Propose and lead significant process improvements, including automation and system implementations to improve Checkr’s revenue accounting function
- Oversee the trade credit and collection processes
- Mentor, train and develop a growing revenue accounting team
- Maintain and continue to improve upon current internal controls, policies and infrastructure to scale with the business
- Manage and, where necessary, implement business financial systems
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or similar emphasis preferred
- CPA and Big 4 experience preferred
- 8+ years of accounting and management experience in a fast growing tech environment
- Demonstrate a strong fluency with U.S. GAAP
- Strong knowledge and understanding of ASC 606
- The ability to be hands on, organized and detail oriented
- Strong Excel skills and comfort with large data sets
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong leadership and influence skills to manage projects and initiatives across organizations
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $176,000-$206,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Checkr has found the way to balance safety and consumer protection. It is our responsibility to be accurate and help our clients avoid errors. Background screenings are transactions that rely on trust and we believe trust is based on transparency. Consumers deserve more transparency on their rights and the information in their report. Employers deserve more transparency on data, its value and their responsibilities.
Want to learn more about Checkr? Visit Checkr's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos