Backend Software Engineer
Checkr provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups.
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $4.6B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation
Checkr is looking for experienced Systems Software Engineer to help us build and maintain integrations with Applicant Tracking Systems.
Our team’s mission is to bring features to customers using a wide variety of Applicant Tracking Systems. We are experts who build the best user experience in integrations. We work with developers and architects to connect complex software systems.
What a typical week may look like:
- Learn about Applicant Tracking Systems and how they interact with Checkr
- Building new features for Applicant Tracking Systems integrations and testing them
- Communicating with internal and external developers to build solutions that improve their productivity
- Exposing Checkr APIs to and building sample solutions in MuleSoft Anypoint Platform
- Defining requirements to grow Checkr’s public APIs to cover new and existing product features
- Help identify, triage and solve bugs
What we value in a Systems Engineer:
- Consuming and building API
- Experience building microservices
- Familiarity with SaaS systems in HR and/or Enterprise space (for example, Salesforce, Workday, SAP)
- Data modeling for multi tenant systems
- English Speaking Proficiency
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Checkr has found the way to balance safety and consumer protection. It is our responsibility to be accurate and help our clients avoid errors. Background screenings are transactions that rely on trust and we believe trust is based on transparency. Consumers deserve more transparency on their rights and the information in their report. Employers deserve more transparency on data, its value and their responsibilities.
Want to learn more about Checkr? Visit Checkr's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid