Checkr provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups.
As the GL Accountant, you will report to the Senior Manager, General Ledger. You will take ownership of some of our General Ledger processes, which include but are not limited to preparing and reviewing prepayment and accrual journal entries for Cost of Goods Sold and Operating Expenses, partnering with budget owners and Financial Planning and Strategy (FP&S) to ensure accurate financials, helping with consolidation processes, and assisting in ad-hoc technical accounting research and analysis.
- Assist with the accounting month-end close, accruals, and financial reporting processes.
- Prepare and review monthly accounting journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist in the evaluation and adoption of accounting standard updates, including documenting conclusions around complex and technical accounting areas.
- Oversee continuous process improvement projects for areas of responsibility.
- Perform financial statement analysis and communicate findings to finance management.
- Assist with the management of annual financial audits and monthly / quarterly reporting for board meetings.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA qualification is strongly preferred.
- 2+ years of accounting-related work experience.
- Big 4 accounting experience a plus.
- Knowledge of ERP systems (preferably Netsuite) and Excel.
- Experience with close management software (preferably FloQast) a plus.
- Ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects while continuing to meet goals and deadlines.
- Excellent organizational abilities, customer service orientation, attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills.
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $65,450-$77,000.
Checkr has found the way to balance safety and consumer protection. It is our responsibility to be accurate and help our clients avoid errors. Background screenings are transactions that rely on trust and we believe trust is based on transparency. Consumers deserve more transparency on their rights and the information in their report. Employers deserve more transparency on data, its value and their responsibilities.
Want to learn more about Checkr? Visit Checkr's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.