Internal Communications Director
Checkr, San Francisco, Denver, Remote
Checkr provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups.
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for an Internal Communications Director as we prepare for an exciting next phase of growth. We’re looking for a leader who has a solid understanding of the technology industry, thrives in a high growth environment and can easily toggle between being a strategic leader and a doer.
As the Director, Internal Communications you’ll be working to help our team stay up to date on the company’s vision, goals, projects and executive updates by leading strategic internal and executive communications programs. You will work across teams including Marketing, Human Resources, Product, Sales, Operations and Engineering to support the brand mission and evolve brand story. The ideal candidate will be a skilled storyteller with a knack for interpersonal skills, strong creative skills and a passion for creating experiences. The role will build a strong culture of collaboration to create experiences that engage, connect and inspire the community of employees!
- Develop and execute a strategic internal and executive communications plan: You will creatively align internal and executive messaging with the company’s vision, mission, and product positioning.
- Work cross-functionally across teams: You will work in close partnership with Human Resources, Marketing, Product, R&D and Leadership to execute communication initiatives from concept to delivery.
- Produce employee communications: Develop and author a variety of internal and executive communications including presentations, announcements, blogs to be delivered across a variety of communications channels.
- Manage the company’s internal communications channels: Maintain the editorial calendar (blogs, newsletters etc), research and develop quotes from people, write stories, shoot videos, and contribute to the Intranet.
- Support leadership and company meetings: You will help craft the messaging and program through agenda, speaker selection and logistics
- Develop the strategic narrative and thought leadership strategy (leveraging executive leaders, customers, our mission partners, proprietary research etc.)
- Work cross-functionally with Product Marketing, Demand Generation & Brand Studio teams to ensure that our narrative is effectively and consistently represented across all channels
- Partner with our CEO (and other C-staff) on his thought leadership platform and brand evangelism
What you bring:
- Experience: Strong years of experience writing and creating strategies in a corporate environment. You’ve managed a variety of creative corporate communications channels, including company all hands, corporate intranets, mobile, and internal social media channels.
- Strong executive communications experience: You can write and tailor content for specific audiences that demonstrates a deep understanding of messaging, positioning and stakeholder needs. You are comfortable working with executives at all levels.
- Fearless when embracing technology: You’re comfortable learning new programs easily to enhance company-wide communication.
- Organized and creative: With news constantly changing, you’re able to adapt and change directions in an instant. You’re comfortable working at a face pace and are able to meet deadlines.
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $173,000-$204,000. #LI-Remote
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Checkr has found the way to balance safety and consumer protection. It is our responsibility to be accurate and help our clients avoid errors. Background screenings are transactions that rely on trust and we believe trust is based on transparency. Consumers deserve more transparency on their rights and the information in their report. Employers deserve more transparency on data, its value and their responsibilities.
Want to learn more about Checkr? Visit Checkr's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.