Senior Cloud Architect
Cherwell Software, Denver, CO
Frictionless ITSM software for the modern enterprise
Cherwell Software (@Cherwell) is a global leader in enterprise service management, empowering organizations through the use of intuitive technology for better, faster, and more affordable innovation. Our solutions and our people build lasting relationships. We are a growing company with offices in the US, Europe, and Australia.
We are looking for a Senior Cloud Architect to join our IT team. This role is open across the US.
Who Will Love This Job
- A problem-solver: You use your technical background and experience to solve difficult problems. You constantly look for areas of improvement and seek out solutions.
- A learner: You learn quickly and maintain a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Someone who is process-driven: You follow established processes and also looks for areas where operations could be more efficient or otherwise improved.
- Someone who is action-oriented: You enjoy working hard! You are full of energy for the things you find challenging. You are not afraid of acting quickly and you are willing to jump on problems quickly.
What You'll Do
The Cherwell Cloud Architect will be responsible for the architecture, deployment and automation of our Cloud infrastructure. The infrastructure involves a mix of physical, virtual and public cloud environments on primarily Windows and some Linux servers. The admin will build and design our private and public cloud solution with end-to-end automation. The candidate must have extensive experience with Amazon Web Services and Windows environments. The admin should have an automation first approach and drive infrastructure automation across all the deployments.
The position will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Be one of the in-house AWS subject matter experts and coach teams on how to leverage AWS to create great solutions
- Work with product architects to design highly scalable and stable deployments for Cherwell applications on different environments (Hosted Datacenter, AWS, etc)
- Proto-type, build-out, deploy, automate and maintain highly available, distributed services on AWS
- Research new cloud technologies and prototype solutions that can be leveraged to decrease costs and increase performance
- Configure and Implement Monitoring solutions for all environments
- Participate in Platform maintenance and releases for production and pre-production environment
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Create clear, concise documentation, runbooks and operational standards including infrastructure diagrams
- Provide Support for our internal and external customers world wide
What You Should Have
- Extensive hands-on working experience on AWS and automating deployments in AWS
- Experience working with one of the orchestration tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc in a windows environment
- Strong scripting experience in Powershell and Python
- In-depth working Knowledge of Windows Server, Web Servers (IIS, Tomcat, Apache), Load-balancing (NGINX, HAProxy)
- Database administration (SQL Server) and HA/Disaster recovery solutions
- Experience with container management platforms (Mesos, Swarm, and Kubernetes) and container runtimes
- Knowledge of system monitoring tools (Cloudwatch, Datadog, Prometeus, Zabbix, NagiOS, etc) and APM tools (New Relic, etc)
- Experience working in an agile project methodology
Nice to Have
- AWS Certified Solution Architect is a plus
- Docker is highly desirable
- You like working with intelligent and driven colleagues
- You would enjoy working for a fast-growing software company
- We’re a fun, close-knit team
- We have a fast-paced, exciting work environment
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and other benefits
- PTO plan to provide work-life balance
- 401(k) with employer matching program
- Commuter perks for some locations
- Paid community service day and philanthropy projects
- Our work environments vary by location; however, we believe in offering amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, standing/sitting desks, free onsite gym, basketball and volleyball courts, ping pong, videogames, shuffleboard, and darts.
- Fun group competitions, team outings, and new hire lunches with the CEO
Cherwell Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. We do not tolerate discrimination against any applicant on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability or age. Cherwell encourages diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the US, please send an email with your request to [email protected]
About Cherwell Software
Welcome to Cherwell Software At Cherwell, we help organizations achieve their core purpose through the use of intuitive technology that enables better, faster and more affordable innovation. Our co-founders, industry veterans who personally experienced the frustrations, disappointments and broken promises standard within the software industry, dreamed of a better kind of company. They wanted to put customers first and provide an exceptional customer experience—confident that profits and other business rewards would follow. They also wanted to build a company that would stand the test of time. (Read a letter from our Executive Chairman, Vance Brown.) With decades of combined experience in the IT industry, our founders began by tackling the core workload of all IT departments: IT Service Management. By providing the tools needed to automate routine maintenance tasks and simplify the delivery of IT services, our technology gives IT teams the freedom to focus on business enablement and transformation. In fact, our technology was built from the ground up—not retrofitted—to empower innovation beyond the traditional boundaries of IT. Our modern, metadata platform lets you rapidly build and refine business solutions without the need to manage code, employ costly development resources, or worry about breaking what you’ve already built when it’s time to upgrade. Armed with unprecedented power and flexibility, Cherwell customers have automated workflow for thousands of line-of-business solutions—from Employee Onboarding to Loan Processing to Student Information Systems. And with our Enterprise Service Management mApps (merge-able applications), IT teams can download pre-built solutions into their Cherwell environment that instantly extend service management capabilities to other areas of the business, such as HR, Facilities, Information Security, and Project Management. With each new solution designed, another Cherwell customer achieves something amazing. The question is, where will YOU go with Cherwell at your side?
Want to learn more about Cherwell Software? Visit Cherwell Software's website.
Jobs You May Like
Backend Software Engineer (m/f)
Senior Software Engineer
Qumulo, Vancouver, BC
Senior Software Engineer - Content Platform Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Media Systems
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Adobe Campaign Consultant
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA
Senior Site Reliability Engineer ($150k - $190k)
Blue Owl, Portland, OR