Cherwell Software (@Cherwell) is a global leader in enterprise service management, empowering organizations through the use of intuitive technology for better, faster, and more affordable innovation. Our solutions and our people build lasting relationships. We are a growing company with offices in the US, Europe, and Australia.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team in Scotland. We’re based in Dundee but offer flexible working, so if you don’t live locally we use technology to support remote working.
Who Will Love This Job
- A team player: You collaborate with other team members to solve problems and work together to achieve deadlines and departmental goals.
- A problem-solver: You use your technical background and experience to solve difficult problems. You constantly look for areas of improvement and seek out solutions.
- A learner: You learn quickly and maintain a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Someone who is process-driven: You follow established processes and also looks for areas where operations could be more efficient or otherwise improved.
- Someone who is action-oriented: You enjoy working hard! You are full of energy for the things you find challenging. You are not afraid of acting quickly and you are willing to jump on problems quickly.
What You'll Do
The Engineering Team at Cherwell Software is a highly skilled group of full stack software and quality engineers who are passionate about highly performant, optimized and discoverable code. We are looking for an Associate QA Engineer with some automation experience, who wants to work in an Agile environment with a growing team. The ideal candidate will enjoy and embrace change, and desire the challenge of testing complex and highly configurable applications in a fast-paced environment. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong problem-solving skills who can contribute in a dynamic team environment. The key responsibilities of this job include:
- Support the manual and automated QA testing activities of Cherwell Software.
- Promote QA best practices, and produce consistently high-quality deliverables.
- Review requirements, acceptance criteria, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Write and execute detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Develop, and execute stable automation scripts that improve test coverage.
- Promptly identify, record, thoroughly document and track bugs.
- Perform thorough smoke, system, integration, automation, compatibility, and regression testing when bugs are resolved, stories are ready for test, and code is feature complete.
- Assist in building and configuring test environments.
- Contribute to the review and maintenance of project documentation.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
What You Should Have
- Ability to write, and execute automated tests using tools such as Selenium, and Ranorex.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with Windows, .Net, REST API, VMWare, C#, PowerShell.
- Experience with SCCS, preferably Git.
- Experience with SQL/TSQL on Microsoft SQL Server.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of Active Directory, LDAP, SAML.
- Knowledge of web service technologies and testing.
- Familiarity with the ITAM/ITSM industry, ITIL V3 foundations and other related standards.
- You like working with intelligent and driven colleagues
- You would enjoy working for a fast-growing software company
- Opportunities to grow your career
- We’re a fun, close-knit team
- We have a fast-paced, exciting work environment
- We provide work-life balance benefits
- We offer competitive benefits packages
Please do not include any of the following details in your CV: date of birth, marital status, nationality, racial/ethnic origin, religion or a photograph - none of these characteristics are relevant to the decision as to whether you have the skills and experience to perform a particular role.
Cherwell Software, Ltd. complies with the Equality Act of 2010. We do not tolerate discrimination against any applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, or religious background. Cherwell encourages diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the UK, please send an email with your request to [email protected].
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Cherwell Software prior to having a signed agreement from Cherwell's Talent Acquisition department. Cherwell is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its prior-approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without a written signed agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Cherwell and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention. Thank you.
About Cherwell Software
Welcome to Cherwell Software At Cherwell, we help organizations achieve their core purpose through the use of intuitive technology that enables better, faster and more affordable innovation. Our co-founders, industry veterans who personally experienced the frustrations, disappointments and broken promises standard within the software industry, dreamed of a better kind of company. They wanted to put customers first and provide an exceptional customer experience—confident that profits and other business rewards would follow. They also wanted to build a company that would stand the test of time. (Read a letter from our Executive Chairman, Vance Brown.) With decades of combined experience in the IT industry, our founders began by tackling the core workload of all IT departments: IT Service Management. By providing the tools needed to automate routine maintenance tasks and simplify the delivery of IT services, our technology gives IT teams the freedom to focus on business enablement and transformation. In fact, our technology was built from the ground up—not retrofitted—to empower innovation beyond the traditional boundaries of IT. Our modern, metadata platform lets you rapidly build and refine business solutions without the need to manage code, employ costly development resources, or worry about breaking what you’ve already built when it’s time to upgrade. Armed with unprecedented power and flexibility, Cherwell customers have automated workflow for thousands of line-of-business solutions—from Employee Onboarding to Loan Processing to Student Information Systems. And with our Enterprise Service Management mApps (merge-able applications), IT teams can download pre-built solutions into their Cherwell environment that instantly extend service management capabilities to other areas of the business, such as HR, Facilities, Information Security, and Project Management. With each new solution designed, another Cherwell customer achieves something amazing. The question is, where will YOU go with Cherwell at your side?
Want to learn more about Cherwell Software? Visit Cherwell Software's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Release Manager (Contract)
PlayStation, Los Angeles, CA
Senior Software Engineer
Lever, San Francisco
Staff Technical Program Manager
Sales Engineer - Paris
Mixpanel, Paris, France
Astranis, San Francisco, CA
Infrastructure Engineer (m/f/x)