Application Security Engineer
Cherwell Software, Denver, CO
Frictionless ITSM software for the modern enterprise
Cherwell Software (@Cherwell) is a global leader in enterprise service management, empowering organizations through the use of intuitive technology for better, faster, and more affordable innovation. Our solutions and our people build lasting relationships. We are a growing company with offices in the US, Europe, and Australia.
We are looking for an Application Security Engineer to join our team in Colorado or Remote.
Who Will Love This Job
- A problem-solver: You use your technical background and experience to solve difficult problems. You constantly look for areas of improvement and seek out solutions.
- A learner: You learn quickly and maintain a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Someone who is process-driven: You follow established processes and also looks for areas where operations could be more efficient or otherwise improved.
- Someone who is action-oriented: You enjoy working hard! You are full of energy for the things you find challenging. You are not afraid of acting quickly and you are willing to jump on problems quickly.
What You'll Do
- Promote good security practices and design security frameworks for Cherwell’s Software Engineers and QA teams
- Use penetration testing skills and methodology to hack new applications and services
- Perform application security design reviews against new products and services
- Perform code and design reviews of internal and third-party products and services.
- Build internal security tools or automation processes that help fix security problems at scale
- Plan, build and deploy infrastructure to help catch vulnerabilities automatically. Educate Software Engineers on coding best practices (i.e. - OWASP Top 10) and the latest attack vectors
The Application Security Engineer supports the Director of Security, IT, Cherwell SaaS environment, business lines, and employees with validating and implementing security controls around Cherwell’s Enterprise Application. This role will primarily focus on the product and the security within new product versions.
What You Should Have
- A passion for information security
- 2+ years of application development experience
- 2+ years of application security assessments
- Familiarity with secure coding practices and the OWASP top 10
- Ability to recognize application vulnerabilities and exploit them
- Working knowledge of cryptography
- Ability to communicate technical security concepts to diverse audiences, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to be hands on and drive solutions to completion
- Ability to write code and work to prioritize, fix, and understand vulnerabilities
- Experience applying static and/or dynamic analysis in application testing
- You like working with intelligent and driven colleagues
- You would enjoy working for a fast-growing software company
- Bragging rights – check out our awards!
- We’re a fun, close-knit team
- We have a fast-paced, exciting work environment
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and other benefits
- PTO plan to provide work-life balance
- 401(k) with employer matching program
- Commuter perks for some locations
- Paid community service day and philanthropy projects
- Our work environments vary by location; however, we believe in offering amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, standing/sitting desks, free onsite gym, basketball and volleyball courts, ping pong, videogames, shuffleboard, and darts.
- Fun group competitions, team outings, and new hire lunches with the CEO
Cherwell Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. We do not tolerate discrimination against any applicant on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability or age. Cherwell encourages diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the US, please send an email with your request to [email protected]
About Cherwell Software
Welcome to Cherwell Software At Cherwell, we help organizations achieve their core purpose through the use of intuitive technology that enables better, faster and more affordable innovation. Our co-founders, industry veterans who personally experienced the frustrations, disappointments and broken promises standard within the software industry, dreamed of a better kind of company. They wanted to put customers first and provide an exceptional customer experience—confident that profits and other business rewards would follow. They also wanted to build a company that would stand the test of time. (Read a letter from our Executive Chairman, Vance Brown.) With decades of combined experience in the IT industry, our founders began by tackling the core workload of all IT departments: IT Service Management. By providing the tools needed to automate routine maintenance tasks and simplify the delivery of IT services, our technology gives IT teams the freedom to focus on business enablement and transformation. In fact, our technology was built from the ground up—not retrofitted—to empower innovation beyond the traditional boundaries of IT. Our modern, metadata platform lets you rapidly build and refine business solutions without the need to manage code, employ costly development resources, or worry about breaking what you’ve already built when it’s time to upgrade. Armed with unprecedented power and flexibility, Cherwell customers have automated workflow for thousands of line-of-business solutions—from Employee Onboarding to Loan Processing to Student Information Systems. And with our Enterprise Service Management mApps (merge-able applications), IT teams can download pre-built solutions into their Cherwell environment that instantly extend service management capabilities to other areas of the business, such as HR, Facilities, Information Security, and Project Management. With each new solution designed, another Cherwell customer achieves something amazing. The question is, where will YOU go with Cherwell at your side?
Want to learn more about Cherwell Software? Visit Cherwell Software's website.
Jobs You May Like
Support Engineer, Tier 2 Support (Central Timezone)
Director of Business Intelligence
Cherwell Software, Colorado Springs, CO
Ruby Backend Developer (HCMC)
Piktochart, Ho Chi Minh
Test Engineer (Application Framework) - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
Backend Software Engineer
Coffee Meets Bagel, SF, Seattle, or Remote
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Strava, Strava HQ or Denver, CO