Professional Services Consultant
Cherwell Software, Chicago, IL
Frictionless ITSM software for the modern enterprise
Cherwell Software (@Cherwell) is a global leader in enterprise service management, empowering organizations through the use of intuitive technology for better, faster, and more affordable innovation. Our solutions and our people build lasting relationships. We are a growing company with offices in the US, Europe, and Australia.
We are looking for a Professional Services Consultant to join our team at Cherwell Software! This position can be based at our headquarters in Colorado Springs, CO, or remote in the US.
Who Will Love This Job
- A customer advocate: You are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; get first-hand customer information and use it for improvements in products and services; act with customers in mind; establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect.
- Perseverance: You pursue everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish. You seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- An organizer and planner: You are good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done. You know how to organize people and activities and can spot opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't. You accurately scope out the length and difficulty of tasks and projects, understanding how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow. Most importantly, you measure performance against project goals and evaluate results.
- A self-starter: You own your assignments and carry them out with limited direction. You know how to prioritize the criticality of both user and needs. Using your expertise, you conduct triage of incidents and/or service requests and escalate as appropriate.
- A learner: You learn quickly and maintain a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment
What You’ll Do
Deliver customer solutions for our ITSM Professional Services Organization
Work onsite with our USA clients to gather requirements, configure, customize, and implement our Cherwell Service Management software.
Train client Cherwell System Administrators and end-user personnel on how to navigate and best leverage the solution to ensure a successful engagement.
What You Should Have
- 3+ years IT Service Management (ITSM) experience as implementation or technical consultant
- 3+ years’ experience with relational databases
- 3+ years’ experience with workflow design and configuration of business process software
- 3+ years of CSM (customer service management) software integrations experience
- 3+ years of programming and scripting experience in C, C++, .Net, API, Soap, Rest or Java
- Project/engagement management experience
- Excellent presentation skills
- ITSM software design, configuration and troubleshooting (Cherwell, BMC, HP, CA)
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to client sites up to 75%
- Eastern or Western region locations available
Nice to Have
- LDAP Knowledge (e.g., AD, iPlanet)
- SQL Server administration knowledge
- Transact SQL or PowerShell scripting experience
- Network Troubleshooting
- Protocols (e.g., TCP/IP/SNMP)
- Report writing skills (e.g., Crystal, SQL Reporting Services and DevExpress)
- Experience with network/asset discovery tools (e.g., SCCM, Altiris, and SolarWinds)
- Development/programming experience (e.g. Web Services and/or API)
- HTML development skills
- SAML experience
- ITIL Certification
- ISO 20000/COBIT/Six Sigma
- You like working with intelligent and driven colleagues
- You would enjoy working for a fast-growing software company
- Bragging rights – check out our awards!
- We’re a fun, close-knit team
- We have a fast-paced, exciting work environment
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and other benefits
- PTO plan to provide work-life balance
- 401(k) with employer matching program
- Commuter perks for some locations
- Paid community service day and philanthropy projects
- Our work environments vary by location; however, we believe in offering amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, standing/sitting desks, free onsite gym, basketball and volleyball courts, ping pong, videogames, shuffleboard, and darts.
- Fun group competitions, team outings, and new hire lunches with the CEO
Cherwell Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. We do not tolerate discrimination against any applicant on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability or age. Cherwell encourages diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the US please send an email with your request to [email protected]
About Cherwell Software
Welcome to Cherwell Software At Cherwell, we help organizations achieve their core purpose through the use of intuitive technology that enables better, faster and more affordable innovation. Our co-founders, industry veterans who personally experienced the frustrations, disappointments and broken promises standard within the software industry, dreamed of a better kind of company. They wanted to put customers first and provide an exceptional customer experience—confident that profits and other business rewards would follow. They also wanted to build a company that would stand the test of time. (Read a letter from our Executive Chairman, Vance Brown.) With decades of combined experience in the IT industry, our founders began by tackling the core workload of all IT departments: IT Service Management. By providing the tools needed to automate routine maintenance tasks and simplify the delivery of IT services, our technology gives IT teams the freedom to focus on business enablement and transformation. In fact, our technology was built from the ground up—not retrofitted—to empower innovation beyond the traditional boundaries of IT. Our modern, metadata platform lets you rapidly build and refine business solutions without the need to manage code, employ costly development resources, or worry about breaking what you’ve already built when it’s time to upgrade. Armed with unprecedented power and flexibility, Cherwell customers have automated workflow for thousands of line-of-business solutions—from Employee Onboarding to Loan Processing to Student Information Systems. And with our Enterprise Service Management mApps (merge-able applications), IT teams can download pre-built solutions into their Cherwell environment that instantly extend service management capabilities to other areas of the business, such as HR, Facilities, Information Security, and Project Management. With each new solution designed, another Cherwell customer achieves something amazing. The question is, where will YOU go with Cherwell at your side?
Want to learn more about Cherwell Software? Visit Cherwell Software's website.
Jobs You May Like
Engineering Manager/Technical Lead – Full Stack Web Development, Udemy for Business
Udemy, Ireland, Dublin
Sr. Software Engineer, Breakfix
Hortonworks, Bangalore, India
Java Software Engineer
Fitbit, Romania - Bucharest
GoodRx, Santa Monica and San Francisco
Quantitative Researcher/Statistician (Revenue Optimization)
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Software QA Engineer (Contract)
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA