Within 1 month, you’ll...
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience).
- Complete Engineering Training, learning about our software development process, tools, technology stack, and architecture.
- Join a Product Squad, meet squad members and take ownership of testing new feature development.
Within 3 months, you’ll...
- Learn our business model and how it translates to platform architecture, products, and features.
- Follow existing testing strategies and collaborative processes.
- Collaborate with Senior Engineers to discover the breadth of testing desired to ensure quality.
- Contribute to testing documentation.
- Participate in a product feature release by following existing test plans.
Within 6 months, you’ll…
- Help determine the root cause of bugs using knowledge of software internals and logs to debug.
- Understand major feature areas of our applications and be comfortable navigating the product.
- Able to review code changes and collaborate with developers to understand the scope of changes.
- Take ownership of releases, from analyzing requirements to collaboration on test planning and execution through approval for release.
Within 12 months, you’ll...
- Test within reliable estimates to meet release dates.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and other stakeholders to create test plans for larger releases and high impact features.
- Contribute to the quality and automation strategy by identifying opportunities for improvement and collaborating on solutions.
- Become fluent in diagnosing issues reported by non-technical staff and end-users.
- Be an essential part of growing our team by fully participating in the hiring interview process.
You Should Apply If:
- You have experience testing new product features and enhancements based on an understanding of functional and design requirements.
- You enjoy performing exploratory testing and thorough regression testing to safeguard against breaking existing features.
- You are comfortable presenting defects to a Software Engineer in a clear and concise manner, even if it means critiquing their work.
- You are knowledgeable about a variety of interfaces including REST APIs, SQL, and web browser dev tools.
- You have used Python (or another programming/scripting language) for user-level automation or have worked with automated tests as part of the testing cycle.
- You desire to play an active role in reviewing product requirements, pointing out any gaps and ambiguities that could save everyone time down the line.
- You seek to take part in shaping the internal QA process: outlining test plans, writing and maintaining test cases, executing tests, and providing feedback and approval for releases.
- You enjoy working in an iterative, agile development process with frequent cycles.
- You thrive in environments supporting your growth, and where you can support others.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap.
At ChowNow we are driven by one purpose: to provide restaurants with the tools needed to compete in an increasingly technical world. We believe restaurants are at their best when they focus their efforts on the quality of their food and service. Whether it be in the kitchen preparing for dinner or at the front door greeting customers, these activities are what make a restaurant. Said another way, restaurants excel when they’re working offline. At the same time, we live in a world that more than ever demands convenience, usually brought about by technology. Customers are asking for faster, easier ways to order their meals. Like most people they are busy checking emails, jumping in and out of apps, messaging friends and browsing websites. Said another way, customers live and work online. ChowNow was created to bridge this disconnect. Our products help restaurants get online quickly and easily so they can maintain direct relationships with their customers. As the world evolves and new technology platforms emerge, we will be there to help our restaurant clients stay up to speed online. We cannot control the taste of their food or the friendliness of their staff, but we can arm them with the tools needed to compete in the tech-driven world we all live in. CHRIS WEBB, CEO
Want to learn more about ChowNow? Visit ChowNow's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one