Senior Product Designer, Mobile, Diner Domain
ChowNow, Los Angeles, CA or Remote
See jobs at ChowNow
SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL:
- Represent Design on at least one squad of diner-facing products.
- Proactively collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders and partners to clarify problems and solutions.
- Work on complex projects at the theme-level (typically spanning at least one squad), dealing with a substantial amount of anonymity to develop clear requirements.
- Lead the vision for a squad alongside their product and engineering counterparts.
- Help shape at least 1 squad’s roadmap through the next quarter and beyond.
- Collaborate with partners to align on measurable, impactful goals by providing clear human-centered product recommendations.
- Confidently back up design decisions by connecting to broader product vision and company objectives.
- Iterate on problems through various artifacts and provide dev-ready specs, including prototypes, interaction/motion studies, and package them in a digestible format for efficient development.
- Understand native app behavior and UI patterns, and have a conceptual understanding of the programming framework and their implications on Design
- Contribute to standards for Product Design workflow within and across squads and continuously evolve.
- Identify opportunities for user research and Production-level experiments, in collaboration with Experience Designers, Researchers, and Product Managers. Develop artifacts to use as stimuli in research studies such as wireframes, comps, and prototypes
- Convey complex information clearly and facilitates productive worksessions with collaborators and stakeholders.
- Mentor more junior designers and help them grow their craft and ability to collaborate with our partners
- Exhibit strong attention to detail during visual QA and hand-off
WITHIN 30 DAYS, YOU WILL:
- Complete our ChowNow New Hire Onboarding Experience.
- Learn the ins and outs of ChowNow and our process.
- Conduct an analysis of ChowNow’s products and the competitive landscape.
- Observe 4 product demos with the sales team to better know our customers.
- Collaborate with the team to prioritize and dissect requirements for a new feature. Begin research and exploration for possible solutions.
- Conduct an assessment of ChowNow’s diner-facing products and develop a high-level plan of initial actions.
- Build a rapport with squad members and Product Design team members.
WITHIN 60 DAYS, YOU WILL:
- Talk to customers and the support teams to gain empathy for customer problems, needs, and mental models.
- Deliver your first set of user flows, comps, and high-fidelity interaction designs for a new feature
- Prepare your first set of detailed design specs for the engineering team.
- Define the metrics you will use to determine the success of your first design solution.
- Communicate your design decisions with stakeholders and the larger team.
- Set up recurring 1on1 meetings with direct reports and any key stakeholders and partners
WITHIN 90 DAYS, YOU WILL:
- Conduct or collaborate on user testing to help inform product decisions and implement new design thinking based on customer feedback.
- Launch any combination of a design system improvement and/or feature within a squad.
- Facilitate cross-functional discovery or working sessions to uncover opportunities and inform the roadmap.
- Contribute to the central Product Design wiki (Notion) of process and tactics
- Present work to a cross-functional group, i.e. Sprint showcase.
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF:
- You have a minimum of 4 years experience as a product designer in web and mobile environments (iOS and Android) in either an agency or in-house product team. Ideally both.
- You have a solid portfolio featuring detailed case studies and, ideally design system work.
- You have demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design on multiple platforms including native mobile applications.
- You are familiar with native app behaviors and programming frameworks, such as Swift/SwiftU and Android
- You have a deep understanding of how to frame a problem and work with the team to synthesize product strategies and iterate on solutions.
- You’re a highly motivated individual who is self-directed and can work under ambiguous conditions
- You are a Type-A designer who cares deeply about organization and details.
- You have experience delegating tasks and mentoring more junior designers (though not necessarily as a people manager)
- You’re an outstanding team contributor who is willing to give and receive honest feedback.
- You have the ability to conceptualize and communicate ideas to stakeholders and grow our Product Design practice within the organization.
- You have experience iterating rapidly and shipping software frequently to evolve a product over time, such as with SaaS products and mobile applications.
- You use Figma, Sketch, Adobe Suite, and basic prototyping tools such as Principle and Invision.
- Nice to have skills: art direction, photoshop, illustrator, after effects
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS:
- Competitive Salary.
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience.
- A remote-first culture and up to $450 office equipment reimbursement to enable you to do your best work by setting up your home office.
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap in our satellite offices
At ChowNow we are driven by one purpose: to provide restaurants with the tools needed to compete in an increasingly technical world. We believe restaurants are at their best when they focus their efforts on the quality of their food and service. Whether it be in the kitchen preparing for dinner or at the front door greeting customers, these activities are what make a restaurant. Said another way, restaurants excel when they’re working offline. At the same time, we live in a world that more than ever demands convenience, usually brought about by technology. Customers are asking for faster, easier ways to order their meals. Like most people they are busy checking emails, jumping in and out of apps, messaging friends and browsing websites. Said another way, customers live and work online. ChowNow was created to bridge this disconnect. Our products help restaurants get online quickly and easily so they can maintain direct relationships with their customers. As the world evolves and new technology platforms emerge, we will be there to help our restaurant clients stay up to speed online. We cannot control the taste of their food or the friendliness of their staff, but we can arm them with the tools needed to compete in the tech-driven world we all live in. CHRIS WEBB, CEO
Want to learn more about ChowNow? Visit ChowNow's website.
Help the world share their story
Tech Jobs For You
Workday Certified Benefits/Absence Consultant - Education & Go...
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA