Christian Care Ministry, Colorado Springs, CO | Melbourne, FL
Sharing Lives, Faith, Talents and Resources
A Data Steward is the role within Christian Care Ministry responsible for utilizing our data governance processes to ensure fitness of data elements - both the content and metadata. Data stewards have a specialist role that incorporates processes, policies, guidelines, and responsibilities for administering our data in compliance with policy and/or regulatory obligations.
The overall objective of a Data Steward is data quality; in regard to the key/critical data elements existing within our operating structure, and of the elements in their respective domains. This includes capturing/documenting (meta)information for the elements, identifying owners/custodians, providing insight pertaining to attribute quality, aiding with project requirement data facilitation, and documentation of capture rules.
Christian Care Ministry is a community of Christians that requires its employees to share its Christian religious beliefs and practices. CCM complies with all anti-discrimination laws applicable to religious employers.
A career with Christian Care Ministry (CCM) is more than just a job, it’s a ministry. CCM’s mission is to connect and equip Christians to share their lives, faith, talents and resources with others. The foundation of CCM’s mission is Acts 2:42-47.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
A Data Steward ensures that each assigned data element:
- Has clear and unambiguous data element definition
- Does not conflict with other data elements in the metadata registry (removes duplicates, overlap etc.)
- Has clear enumerated value definitions if appropriate
- Is still being used (remove unused data elements)
- Is being used consistently in various computer systems
- Is being used, fit for purpose = Data Fitness
- Has adequate documentation on appropriate usage and notes
- Documents the origin and sources of authority on each metadata element
- Is protected against unauthorized access or change
- Insures the accuracy of new data entering the data ecosystem
- You are comfortable with Metadata Management, Data Dictionary, and similar productivity tools
- You are very familiar with the healthcare industry
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Good written documentation skills
- Comfortable with technology and willing to learn new technical applications and tools
- Research and learning
You may be the right fit if
- You are a self-starter who will figure out what it takes to get the job done
- You love to learn and learn fast
- You are timely and reliable, enjoy working with and in teams, and are a team player
- You possess a proven ability to execute on developed strategies
- You understand, actively participate, and are passionate about continuous improvement
- You care about the details and getting things exactly right. Gray areas drive you crazy!
- You are organized!
- You have a great attitude
BA/BSc Computer Science or Data Management, 5 years experience in Data Management.
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) and great benefits
- An on-site gym and cafeteria
- Free gourmet coffee stations
- CCM values our employees. Each individual is given the opportunity to excel in their strengths, advance their skill set and have direct input into the decisions that ultimately drive the ministry’s success.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
About Christian Care Ministry
For thousands of years, Christians have come together to care for each other and carry each other's burdens. In 1993, a formalized approach to sharing healthcare burdens began with the Medi-Share program. From small beginnings, this big idea took root. Over 24 years later, the Medi-Share program serves more than 300,000 members, and more than $2 billion dollars in medical bills have been shared and discounted. Christian Care Ministry also offers a free online prayer community to equip believers to connect, encourage and pray for one another. Join PrayerStream today.
Want to learn more about Christian Care Ministry? Visit Christian Care Ministry's website.
Jobs You May Like
SF Motors, Ann Arbor, MI
Software Engineer, Notifications Infrastructure
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Teamleiter (m/w) Klingenfertigung - Härten
Harry’s, Eisfeld, Germany
Software Engineer - iOS Infrastructure
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Acorns, Portland Office
Intern Software Engineer (Cloud Foundry - Toronto)
Pivotal Software, Toronto, Ontario