CIC’s mission is to improve the world by helping exceptional entrepreneurs innovate better and faster. We offer carefully curated working environments that combine private, secure offices alongside shared amenities in locations across Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Rotterdam, and St. Louis and are growing into other cities, within the US and abroad. Find out more here.
CIC’s project in Warsaw will be one of the largest innovation-oriented centers in Europe. Opening in 2020, it will be located within the new landmark on Warsaw’s map, Varso, the tallest building in the EU, situated directly next to the Warsaw Central train station. CIC is based in Cambridge, and the team there will cooperate with our team in Poland by working on this fascinating project to contribute towards a local innovation ecosystem.
Be a part of that fascinating change and help us build and support the new startup community in Poland!
Currently we are looking for candidate for the role of
As part of the Core Infrastructure Team, you will be one of the first members of the European Help Desk Technical Support team. The CIC Helpdesk team provides support for all CIC locations globally by helping opening new sites, training local staff, and providing client support for IT services.
You will work closely with several team members in Cambridge and build completely new team in our office in Poland. You will be responsible for introducing existing and developing new processes that help to identify problems and solve them in a prompt and efficient manner. This role will also require some amount of international travels to other CIC offices.
In addition to the above you will:
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support for the CIC’s IP networks, firewalls, WiFi, WAN, LAN, video surveillance and access control systems and escalate non-routine issues to next level of support. (80% of the job)
- Ensure the infrastructure is secure.
- Manage data and systems availability. Access control and service continuity to agreed standards that stand up to our client expectations.
- Maintain production network and firewall infrastructure
- Participate in the change projects, from an operational perspective
- Plan and build operational capability for both the current and future environments
- Work with vendors; prepare and set up new offices network and technical infrastructure electronic access control systems
You are a professional with around 3-5 years of experience, who strongly contributes to the role and likes to work in a fast, constantly changing, international, start-up environment. You like dealing with new technical issues and you treat your job as an ongoing adventure. You also have:
- Solid knowledge of IT infrastructure, architecture, networks, and computer operations (IP Networks, Firewalls, WiFi/WAN/LAN, Access Control)
- Eagerness to learn
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to think logically and solve problems
- Strong collaborative nature, as well as the ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to handle highly complex projects
- Detail-oriented approach with well developed analytical skills
- University degree
- Fluent English and Polish
- Ability to travel (first months training in our sites in US and Rotterdam; later travels related with expansion and new sites openings)
Our team members thrive in a collaborative work environment where they contribute to innovative, meaningful work that makes an impact in communities around the world. We value problem solving, service orientation and teamwork equally.
- Full-time employment contract
- Approximately 1.000zł gross in benefits (listed below)
- Private medical care (family or individual plan)
- Monthly self-development budget (Gym card, language course or maybe singing classes? The choice is yours!)
- Once a month massages
- Laptop and mobile phone as your working tools
- City transportation card
- Regular evaluation of your work and salary raises every year based on performance
What’s in it for you
- Central location in Warsaw: cozy office in a brand new office building, within a 10 minute walk from Metro Centrum
- Fully equipped kitchen, fresh fruits, snacks, cold refreshment drinks and ice-cream in the office
- Access to amenities like a nap room, game room, and more
- Opportunity to contribute to a growing site and fulfill your personal development and growth plans
Sounds interesting? Apply! We will be happy to meet you.
CIC was founded in 1999 in Kendall Square (Cambridge, Massachusetts) and houses more than 1,000 companies across 8 locations, offering premium office and coworking space. CIC companies come from a wide variety of industries, and while our community is composed primarily of startups, it also includes larger companies, investors, and service providers.
We measure our success through our economic impact. Startups housed at CIC have raised over $2 billion in venture capital investment and created over $2 billion of publicly disclosed exit value, CIC companies have added an estimated 40,000 jobs to the economy. In Cambridge, this hive of innovation has drawn the four largest venture capital funds in Massachusetts, with a combined $7.1 billion of assets under management, to relocate their headquarters into CIC’s buildings, alongside a number of smaller funds. Capital, mixed with exceptional talent and strong ideas, accelerates job growth and value creation.