Do you love order and well-organized things? Do you like working on your feet and meeting new people every day?
CIC seeks self-motivated individuals to curate a welcoming environment for our clients by tackling hands-on tasks in support of day-to-day operations of our newly opening Providence commercial office space.
Starting wage for this position is $16/hour for approximately 25-29 hours/week, and applicants must be available to work during business hours Monday-Friday starting at 12:00pm until approximately 5:00pm.
Founded in 1999, CIC’s mission is to improve the world by helping exceptional entrepreneurs innovate better and faster. We offer carefully curated working environments that combine private, secure offices alongside shared amenities in locations across Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Philadelphia, Providence, Rotterdam, St. Louis, and Warsaw and are growing into other cities, within the US and abroad. We currently serve 2000+ startups, growth companies, and branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, and non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries. The spaces are purposefully designed and built for innovation, featuring tailored workspaces such as biotech and robotics laboratories, and bring together frequent, large gatherings of the best and brightest innovators and entrepreneurs.
CIC currently has over a million square feet of space under lease and is actively pursuing campuses in additional cities globally, including Dublin, Tokyo, Bilbao, and Sydney, with plans to grow to 50 cities over the next 10 years. We pride ourselves on displaying a high degree of care and accuracy in everything that we do, and we work to ensure that our clients thrive every day that they are in our space. We believe that our ability to support world-changing entrepreneurs is only as good as the people who make up our teams, and as such we are looking for people who are interested in contributing to--and improving--the way we work.
We invite you to explore all our openings and learn more about our teams here.
ABOUT CIC PROVIDENCE
CIC Providence opened its doors in the summer of 2019 in a brand new building in the historic Jewelry District, now Providence’s Innovation and Design District. In addition to being anchored by CIC, the 191k square foot building is the home of Brown's School of Professional Studies and the city's first civic gathering space, known as District Hall Providence. Together, these organizations foster innovation that act as a catalyst for research and development for exceptional entrepreneurs across the greater Providence area.
You will be part of the Community Team made up of several full-time and part-time employees tasked with satisfying the day-to-day needs of our clients.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee the kitchen spaces daily, including daily restocking of assorted snacks and beverages, placing orders and receiving food deliveries, and ensuring a neat presentation of the space
• Support the Concierge team by helping greet clients and guests, contact meeting hosts, orient new users of CIC, and answer the phone at our front desk
• Help sort incoming mail and process packages by receiving and organizing shipments and contacting clients
• Reset and upkeep of shared areas daily, including but not limited to conference rooms, phone booths, and copy centers
• Contribute to building a strong community by developing a professional rapport with clients
• Maintain and organize supplies daily, including but not limited to copy paper, toner, cleaning supplies, and kitchen snacks
• Assemble and move furniture between offices, installing shelves and whiteboards, and basic cleaning of empty offices like vacuuming or dusting
• Provide basic tech support such as setting up printer drivers and VoIP phones, troubleshooting conference room phones and display screens, troubleshooting printers/copiers and changing toner
• Assist with the setup of event spaces
• As needed and schedule permitting, assist the team with other office tasks
The ideal candidate will demonstrate these traits:
• Recognizes areas for process improvement as it impacts our operational approach
• Embraces the innovative and experimental culture of CIC
• Brings a fresh perspective and new ideas to everything
• Is independent, reliable, and willing to learn
• Manages time well and pays attention to details
• Deciphers information easily and is comfortable with change
• Enjoys helping others (clients and colleagues alike) and highly values teamwork
• Exhibits strong written and verbal communication, and demonstrates an understanding of the nuances of effective communication
• Owns tasks and follows them through to completion, often while on the move
• Able to move boxes weighing up to 40 pounds, positioning them on wheeled carts and transporting them around our space, including on and off elevators and through doorways
• Able to position self to maintain/tidy shared office space, including under tables/desks in conference/office spaces
• Has the capacity and interest to learn and provide basic tech support (e.g. setting up printer drivers, VoIP phones, troubleshooting things like conference room projectors)
• Feels comfortable learning to use basic power tools (e.g. using a drill)
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB
In addition to helping our clients achieve great things, we work to ensure that our employees are healthy and supported. Some of the benefits of being here include:
• Fun people in a dynamic space. We pride ourselves on finding driven and bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CICers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
• Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within the innovation community at a growing company while contributing to a new site by helping to hone existing practices and processes and creating new ones.
• Did we mention a great environment? Expertly designed workspace that inspires innovation and community in Providence’s Innovation and Design District.
• Awesome location! Brand new building located on the river in the historic jewelry district.
Starting compensation is $16/hour plus 401k matching after the first year of employment (must be 21+) plus 12 unpaid holidays per year. Annual reviews with raises every year for those on track with strong performance.
CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Any other human expressions and experiences not mentioned here are equally welcome. If you require an accommodation please let us know. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
CIC was founded in 1999 in Kendall Square (Cambridge, Massachusetts) and houses more than 1,000 companies across 8 locations, offering premium office and coworking space. CIC companies come from a wide variety of industries, and while our community is composed primarily of startups, it also includes larger companies, investors, and service providers.
We measure our success through our economic impact. Startups housed at CIC have raised over $2 billion in venture capital investment and created over $2 billion of publicly disclosed exit value, CIC companies have added an estimated 40,000 jobs to the economy. In Cambridge, this hive of innovation has drawn the four largest venture capital funds in Massachusetts, with a combined $7.1 billion of assets under management, to relocate their headquarters into CIC’s buildings, alongside a number of smaller funds. Capital, mixed with exceptional talent and strong ideas, accelerates job growth and value creation.