Are you an ambitious professional with experience building meaningful client relationships? Are you customer oriented and know how to sell a good product? If yes, read on!
CIC Tokyo is looking for a Relationship Manager to contribute to the success of our Relationship Management & Sales Team.
Founded in 1999, CIC’s mission is to improve the world by helping exceptional entrepreneurs innovate better and faster. We offer carefully curated working environments that combine private, secure offices alongside shared amenities in locations across Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Philadelphia, Providence (2019), Rotterdam, St. Louis, and Warsaw and are growing into other cities, within the US and abroad. We currently serve 1800+ startups, growth companies, and branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, and non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries. The spaces are purposefully designed and built for innovation, featuring tailored workspaces such as biotech and robotics laboratories, and bring together frequent, large gatherings of the best and brightest innovators and entrepreneurs.
CIC currently has over a million square feet of space under lease and is actively pursuing campuses in additional cities globally, including Dublin, Tokyo, Bilbao, and Sydney, with plans to grow to 50 cities over the next 10 years. We pride ourselves on displaying a high degree of care and accuracy in everything that we do, and we work to ensure that our clients thrive every day that they are in our space. We believe that our ability to support world-changing entrepreneurs is only as good as the people who make up our teams, and as such we are looking for people who are interested in contributing to--and improving--the way we work.
We invite you to explore all our openings and learn more about our teams here.
YOUR DAY TO DAY WORK:
You will be working alongside the leadership team in Tokyo, selling a product and service that has a great reputation. You will help build a positive name and awareness of CIC in Tokyo to attract new clients and maintain a strong relationship supporting them once they are clients operating within the space. You will also be responsible for developing relationships to integrate CIC Tokyo into the local community.
In addition to the above you will:
• Manage a client portfolio and assist our clients in getting the most out of their experience at CIC. For example, as a client’s business evolves, so does their need for office space, and you will be responsible for helping them find the best solution.
• Be a resource for building external relationships within the community.
• Work with prospective clients to determine if CIC is the right place for them to start their business.
• Lead tours for prospective clients and informational groups, such as students or visiting delegations.
• Help drive the creation and implementation of new programs and initiatives around new sales, client support, and overall business development and expansion. For example, if you have marketing experience, there may be opportunities to work on our website, support our online social media efforts, or reach out to the local community.
You are a professional with a complementary set of skills and style to represent CIC to prospective companies and support current clients at the highest levels of service. You are an articulate and ethical individual who has strong written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and time management skills.
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and at least three years of professional experience.
• A natural interest for helping and supporting others.
• An interest in a long-term role. We are a growing company, and we like to hire people who can grow with us over the years.
• Fluency in Japanese and strong English proficiency.
• A commitment to work that you consider mission based. You see your work as an opportunity to make a powerful contribution to a larger effort.
• Ability to own and manage multiple tasks and you are able to get the details right.
• Will work comfortably with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels, treating everyone as an equal. You also have a proven record of professional success, but also learned many of the hard lessons that only challenging times or failure can teach.
• Ability to work independently at times and collaboratively at times, while communicating effectively with team members and clients alike.
• Personable with a happy to help attitude and naturally drawn to a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
• Availability to complete a paid training period at an established CIC in Rotterdam for 2-3 weeks.
• Full-time employment contract with competitive benefits
• Laptop and mobile phone as your working tools
• Regular evaluation of your work, and salary raises every year based on performance
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
• Ability to work in a world-class, interdisciplinary innovation ecosystem and international community of exceptional entrepreneurs.
• Contributing to the success of a new site in a new city, a new country, a new continent for CIC!
• Stylishly-designed and sophisticated office space in the center of Tokyo.
• Fully equipped kitchen with fresh fruits, snacks, cold drinks and ice-cream in the office.
• Access to amenities like a nap room, game room, and more.
• This is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within the innovation community at a growing company while contributing to a new site by helping to hone existing practices and processes and creating new ones.
• Access to Venture Cafe, the largest networking event in the entrepreneurial community.
• Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community.
If you are interested, please send your CV in English.
CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Any other human expressions and experiences not mentioned here are equally welcome. If you require an accommodation please let us know. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
CIC was founded in 1999 in Kendall Square (Cambridge, Massachusetts) and houses more than 1,000 companies across 8 locations, offering premium office and coworking space. CIC companies come from a wide variety of industries, and while our community is composed primarily of startups, it also includes larger companies, investors, and service providers.
We measure our success through our economic impact. Startups housed at CIC have raised over $2 billion in venture capital investment and created over $2 billion of publicly disclosed exit value, CIC companies have added an estimated 40,000 jobs to the economy. In Cambridge, this hive of innovation has drawn the four largest venture capital funds in Massachusetts, with a combined $7.1 billion of assets under management, to relocate their headquarters into CIC’s buildings, alongside a number of smaller funds. Capital, mixed with exceptional talent and strong ideas, accelerates job growth and value creation.