- Review, draft, and negotiate a variety of agreements, both commercial and non-commercial in nature
- Partner with revenue-generating teams to efficiently drive deal contracts to close
- Work with product and engineering teams on legal aspects of data security as well as GDPR compliance
- Collaborate with human resources and finance teams on legal issues pertaining to facilities, employees/contractors, as well as domestic & international expansion
- Establish internal governance policies and implement appropriate processes for ongoing adherence
- Generally oversee legal aspects of the business; Research and anticipate legal issues that could impact the company and partner with teams to mitigate risk
- Advise on incentive compensation plans and related employment law matters
- Manage outside counsel as necessary
- Ability to manage initiatives and prioritize multiple demands from internal and external sources
- Ability to work independently on a broad range of legal matters, some of which may be outside your area of expertise
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial, dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- 7-10 years of combined in-house/external experience
- 5+ years of experience at a top-tier law firm with a focus on software/SaaS
- Some in-house experience within a technology company a big plus
- Possess a JD degree and be a current member in good standing with the CA bar
- Expert ability to negotiate and close complex deals
- Self-starter; can work independently with little or no supervision
- Easygoing yet professional demeanor
- Experience working with venture-backed start-up companies
CircleCI was founded in 2011 with the mission of giving every developer state-of-the-art automated testing and continuous integration tools. Our Story Velocity is critical for software teams in today's competitive landscape, but maintaining speed can be difficult as apps and systems grow larger and more complex. CircleCI’s platform allows developers to rapidly release code (for web and mobile apps) they trust by automating the build, test, and deploy process. CircleCI enables developers to detect and fix bugs before they even reach customers. Thousands of leading companies including Facebook, Kickstarter, Shyp, and Spotify rely on CircleCI to accelerate delivery of their code and enable developers to focus on creating business value fast.
CircleCI is a Bay Area Best Places to Work 2016 award winner from the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Founded in 2011 and headquartered in beautiful downtown San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture backed by Scale Venture Partners, DFJ, Baseline Ventures, and Harrison Metal Capital.
Want to learn more about CircleCI? Visit CircleCI's website.
Jobs You May Like
Project Success Analyst