What will make you successful:
- Experience managing a container-based microservice architecture, including orchestration, service-discovery, monitoring, and debugging
- Understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as: TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, ICMP, the OSI Model, Subnetting, and Load Balancing
- In-depth knowledge of operating systems (processes, threads, IPC, concurrency, locks, mutexes, semaphores, etc.).
- Proficiency in one or more of: C, C++, Java, Python, Go
- Comprehensive knowledge of the internal workings of at least one of Postgres, Mongo, Redis
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Track-record of working cooperatively with software engineering teams
- Focus on security in the delivery of all levels of a system
- Passion for modern software development and operation, including agile, CI/CD, and infrastructure-as-code
- Desire to learn and grow
- 6+ years of experience
What you will do:
- Design and deliver solutions to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of CircleCI’s services.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, anticipating performance bottlenecks
- Diagnose and resolve production issues in conjunction with software engineering teams
- Architect and implement shared infrastructure used by all services within the CircleCI platform, for both SaaS and on-prem configurations
- Support and advise software engineering teams in the design of scalable services
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and debugging
- Plan and execute disaster recovery drills
- Participate in rotating on-call duties, including incident management
CircleCI was founded in 2011 with the mission of giving every developer state-of-the-art automated testing and continuous integration tools. Our Story Velocity is critical for software teams in today's competitive landscape, but maintaining speed can be difficult as apps and systems grow larger and more complex. CircleCI’s platform allows developers to rapidly release code (for web and mobile apps) they trust by automating the build, test, and deploy process. CircleCI enables developers to detect and fix bugs before they even reach customers. Thousands of leading companies including Facebook, Kickstarter, Shyp, and Spotify rely on CircleCI to accelerate delivery of their code and enable developers to focus on creating business value fast.
CircleCI is a Bay Area Best Places to Work 2016 award winner from the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Founded in 2011 and headquartered in beautiful downtown San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture backed by Scale Venture Partners, DFJ, Baseline Ventures, and Harrison Metal Capital.
Want to learn more about CircleCI? Visit CircleCI's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos