- Write and edit technical content for the CircleCI blog, including tutorials and code snippets.
- Manage CircleCI’s Guest Writer Program: including expanding our pool of freelancers, owning the direction of content, and managing the day-to-day of the program
- Be a point-person for technical questions related to written content
- Copywriting for a technical audience, including: landing pages, email, conference booths, ads, and other marketing needs as they arise.
- Ensure communications are technically correct and tonally appropriate for our audience
- Create new content streams: research papers, videos, interactive tutorials or guides, etc.
- You have proven success as a writer for a technical audience.
- You have experience in marketing or community management.
- You have a deep understanding of CI/CD and DevOps more generally.
- You should be familiar with our product and be able to articulate _why_ CircleCI can help engineering teams be more productive, happier, and successful.
- You are self-directed and strategic: the ideal candidate will be able to set a course, articulate why that course will deliver the highest value and impact to the company, and execute on that direction.
- You enjoy writing and content creation in general (bonus if you have YouTube experience).
- You deeply enjoy sharing what you know and helping others to grow.
- Strong grasp of English writing, grammar and mechanics and feel comfortable editing.
- Share 3-5 writing samples. A mix of technical and non-technical writing is fine. Write a short cover letter, and tell us why you're passionate about DevOps and CircleCI.
CircleCI was founded in 2011 with the mission of giving every developer state-of-the-art automated testing and continuous integration tools. Our Story Velocity is critical for software teams in today's competitive landscape, but maintaining speed can be difficult as apps and systems grow larger and more complex. CircleCI’s platform allows developers to rapidly release code (for web and mobile apps) they trust by automating the build, test, and deploy process. CircleCI enables developers to detect and fix bugs before they even reach customers. Thousands of leading companies including Facebook, Kickstarter, Shyp, and Spotify rely on CircleCI to accelerate delivery of their code and enable developers to focus on creating business value fast.
CircleCI is a Bay Area Best Places to Work 2016 award winner from the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Founded in 2011 and headquartered in beautiful downtown San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture backed by Scale Venture Partners, DFJ, Baseline Ventures, and Harrison Metal Capital.
Want to learn more about CircleCI? Visit CircleCI's website.
Help the world share their story