Director/Head of Backend Engineering
Clarifai, New York, New York
Transforming the way we see the world
We have secured a $30M Series B round of funding and are backed by Menlo Ventures, Google Ventures, USV, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Osage, Lux Capital, LDV Capital, and Corazon Capital. To continue to succeed, we need people like you to join the team here in NYC!
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- Coordinate prioritization and execution of projects with the product team, so that we can deploy new products and features on time.
- Build relationships with engineers on your layer by holding regular 1 on 1's, handling their performance evaluations, and organizing their team offsites. We value conversations about career growth, learning, and development.
- Continue to cultivate a collaborative engineering culture and actively encourage multi-functional collaboration with non-technical layers.
- Work with the VP of Engineering to execute an engineering strategy motivated by the company vision and mission.
- Drive consistency of our API across v2 and the mobile SDK by working with infrastructure and backend with multiple layers and outputs.
- Present engineering progress and updates during weekly impact meetings with leads from each layer.
- Help the frontend, mobile, and applied machine learning engineering layers learn how to develop successfully with our backend services.
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition to build a hiring plan for growing the layer in accordance with the roadmap.
- Craft a plan for how the layer will evolve as we expand our artificial intelligence offerings. We want you to bring your expertise to the table on our way to becoming a billion dollar company.
Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels in visual recognition, solving real-world problems for businesses and developers alike. Founded in 2013 by Matthew Zeiler, a foremost expert in machine learning, Clarifai has been a market leader since winning the top five places in image classification at the ImageNet 2013 competition. Clarifai’s powerful image and video recognition technology is built on the most advanced machine learning systems and made easily accessible by a clean API, empowering developers all over the world to build a new generation of intelligent applications.
Want to learn more about Clarifai? Visit Clarifai's website.
Jobs You May Like
Engineering Manager - Web
Slack, San Francisco
Remote Senior Software Engineer
Scribd, Remote OR San Francisco, CA
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Senior Software Engineer (Native)
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Member of Technical Staff - UI Bangalore
Quality Engineering Manager
Qualtrics , Seattle