About the Company
Clarifai is a leading, full-lifecycle deep learning AI platform for computer vision, natural language processing, and audio recognition. We help organizations transform unstructured images, video, text, and audio data into structured data at a significantly faster and more accurate rate than humans would be able to do on their own. Founded in 2013 by Matt Zeiler, Ph.D. Clarifai has been a market leader in AI since winning the top five places in image classification at the 2013 ImageNet Challenge. Clarifai continues to grow with employees remotely based throughout the United States and in Tallinn, Estonia.
We have raised $100M in funding to date, with $60M coming from our most recent Series C, and are backed by industry leaders like Menlo Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Lux Capital, New Enterprise Associates, LDV Capital, Corazon Capital, Google Ventures, NVIDIA, Qualcomm and Osage.
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing, hiring, and retaining a diverse workforce.
As Clarifai’s VP of Marketing, you should be a data-driven, tech-savvy, passionate, story-telling community evangelist and customer acquisition expert. You will fuel Clarifai’s next phase of growth by developing Clarifai’s awareness, demand generation and acquisition strategies, while growing and mentoring a team of talented and resourceful marketers. This is a once-in-a-generation opportunity to shape the future of AI at one of the industry’s founding startups.
We are looking for a VP of Marketing who will partner with our AI experts to commercialize a platform that is helping machines see, read, and hear.
As VP of Marketing you will:
- Hack growth: Grow revenue by improving brand awareness and globally positioning Clarifai as a thought leader on critical trends impacting developer, data science, enterprise and public sector customer segments
- Build a community: Connect a community of developers, data scientists and builders by skillfully triggering network effects inherent in marketplaces
- Promote product-led growth: Identify product opportunities that grow our users and community
- Compel through vision: Draw on deep data analysis, research, and your experience to optimize a roadmap of growth opportunities that help Clarifai achieve accelerating KPI growthAccelerate through leadership: Partner with company leadership, Product, Sales, and R&D to define quarterly growth targets
- Predict the future: Understand market trends, customer needs, usage and buying behavior to size market opportunities and customer demand for Clarifai’s product portfolio.
- Influence policy: Be a part of the conversation between corporate, academic and government organizations shaping the future of AI through policy and thought-leadership
- Be an educator: Educate the market about Clarifai’s core technical value offerings through multiple collateral such as e-books, webinars, demos, white-papers, workshops, presentations and technical blogs, driving impressions and leads from that content
- Empower sales: Ensure sales, partners and users are enabled on the latest Clarifai products and services
- Build our stack: Expand our marketing technology stack to fuel our top of the funnel pipeline growth and bottom of the funnel analysis
- Move the market: Build and manage paid performance, social, event, offline, search, display, youtube and partner marketing campaigns.
- Tell a story: Engaging storyteller with a proven ability to craft a clear narrative and captivating brand vision.
- 10-15 years of experience in senior marketing functions in the software industry, preferably within an area of application development.
- Proven, hands-on and expert execution in growth-stage enterprise software startups with strong communities across revenue marketing, demand generation and product marketing.
- Successful track record creating and executing 100x growth marketing strategies
- Experience growing a community of developers using product led growth, marketplaces and brand development
- Successful partnership with product and R&D teams to understand the user, shape the product roadmap, and bring products to market through coordinated media campaigns
- Effective project manager with a strong ability to establish processes and drive project execution with
- Advanced marketing execution across marketing tech stack (CMS, Salesforce, data visualization, performance optimization tools) and channels (paid search, organic search, display, account based marketing, events)
- Data-driven, ROI-obsessed and continuously testing to refine tactics using data in pursuit of demand generation and revenue growth
- Thrives in high-velocity, outcome-oriented environment with minimal guidance amidst multiple priorities and goals
- BSc/BA in business administration, computer science, data science, engineering, marketing science or relevant field; MSc/MBA a plus
Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels in visual recognition, solving real-world problems for businesses and developers alike. Founded in 2013 by Matthew Zeiler, a foremost expert in machine learning, Clarifai has been a market leader since winning the top five places in image classification at the ImageNet 2013 competition. Clarifai’s powerful image and video recognition technology is built on the most advanced machine learning systems and made easily accessible by a clean API, empowering developers all over the world to build a new generation of intelligent applications.
Want to learn more about Clarifai? Visit Clarifai's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.