About the Company
Clarifai is a leading, full-lifecycle deep learning AI platform for computer vision, natural language processing, and audio recognition. We help organizations transform unstructured images, video, text, and audio data into structured data at a significantly faster and more accurate rate than humans would be able to do on their own. Founded in 2013 by Matt Zeiler, Ph.D. Clarifai has been a market leader in AI since winning the top five places in image classification at the 2013 ImageNet Challenge. Clarifai continues to grow with employees remotely based throughout the United States and in Tallinn, Estonia.
We have raised $100M in funding to date, with $60M coming from our most recent Series C, and are backed by industry leaders like Menlo Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Lux Capital, New Enterprise Associates, LDV Capital, Corazon Capital, Google Ventures, NVIDIA, Qualcomm and Osage.
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing, hiring, and retaining a diverse workforce.
As a Clarifai Data Strategist you get to teach computers about the world through the machine learning models you build and train! A role on the frontier of STEM, you will be able to work in the world of AI/ML as a non-coding individual. As a visual thinker, your artistic eye, or otherwise creative background will help you flourish in this role by helping scrutinize, understand, organize, and curate the data that help our world class AI models run!
- You will quickly familiarize oneself with Clarifai’s platform with the aim of becoming an expert in its utilization
- Effectively communicate with customers for model consultation and collaborative efforts
- Engage in initial discovery, research, and scoping for customer projects. Projects that come to us are rarely organized, properly defined, or fully-baked
- Explore image and text datasets with the purpose of confidently understanding it’s contents and being able to manipulate those contents in order to derive value out of it for machine learning algorithms
- Develop new model taxonomies by identifying consistent, distinct patterns or themes within data. Own the quality of model training data through curation, proactively identify any issues, and occasional expert labelling in small batches.
- Assist in the oversight and review of annotation tasks sent to our data labelling team.
- Maintain Clarifai’s proprietary models in order to keep models up to date and account for model drift
- Wrangle customer data into an ingestible format and use a library of internal python scripts for data organization and upload
- Communicate with our engineers by providing detailed reports of any bugs you might find
- Ability to analyze, organize, and curate image and text data into categories based on visual cues, patterns, similarities, and other nuances
- Be comfortable with learning and using new and constantly evolving software tools under deadlines
- Previous experience in data wrangling, organization, or management in spreadsheet-style applications (Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, Sublime Text, etc.)
- 1–2 years experience with data labeling, data curation, and/or taxonomy development, especially for machine learning; or 1–2 years experience professionally using photo editing software and maintaining a collection of digital images
- Capable of handling occasional NSFW* and confidential data
Great to Have
- A basic understanding of Machine Learning/Computer Vision, as well as precision and recall
- Experience in moderation work (i.e. expertise in hate speech, hate symbols, and social issues)
- An interest in learning Python, or beginner skills with Python
- Knowledge of how an API works
- Previous experience with Postman
Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels in visual recognition, solving real-world problems for businesses and developers alike. Founded in 2013 by Matthew Zeiler, a foremost expert in machine learning, Clarifai has been a market leader since winning the top five places in image classification at the ImageNet 2013 competition. Clarifai’s powerful image and video recognition technology is built on the most advanced machine learning systems and made easily accessible by a clean API, empowering developers all over the world to build a new generation of intelligent applications.
Want to learn more about Clarifai? Visit Clarifai's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.