ClassPass is transforming the $30B fitness industry by connecting people to millions of studio fitness classes annually, and inspiring them to live more actively. Since our founding in 2013, we’ve built the world’s leading fitness membership through a digital platform, proprietary technology, a global brand and an unparalleled community. We’re revolutionizing fitness, and even after being recognized as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, we believe we’re just getting started.
Our growing team is a passionate, hard-working bunch that believes in having a real impact on our customers' lives. We take work – and working out – seriously. We’re as inspired by the millions of reservations made to date as we are by the life-changing stories we receive from our members and studios, which is why we work together every day to innovate, create, and discover new ways we can make the world a more active place.
About the Right Team Member
As a Platform Engineer, you will help accelerate our engineering team as we deploy frequently to production for 100+ services. You will help create systems, tools, and practices so that we can scale with increasing confidence.
- Professional experience designing, building, and operating distributed systems at large-scale in an AWS environment.
- Use existing commercial and open source tools to create a robust, reliable, and performant platform.
- Determine when these tools are insufficient and decide when it's time to write our own (and then write them). Our go-to languages are Python and Java.
- Excited by big, complicated problems and try to solve them with creative, elegant, and simple solutions.
- Communicate problems and their solutions to other engineers as well as a less technical audience.
- Look at a process and you instinctively want to automate it.
- You value simplicity and strive to eliminate unnecessary complexity.
- At least 5 years of professional programming experience.
- You treat infrastructure as code. Prior experience with Terraform is a plus.
- Passionate about your craft and want to be surrounded by like-minded individuals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Class Pass
The ClassPass story
ClassPass was born in 2013 after Payal Kadakia struggled to find a dance class to take after work in NYC. After countless Google searches, schedule cross-checking and frustrating log-in attempts, Payal never made it to class. Rather than chalk up that evening as a failure, Payal created an idea. Working out shouldn’t be hard - what if there was a way to make it easy?
What started as an app and website that made finding and booking classes effortless is now changing how people live their lives. Whether we’re bringing together a community of enthusiasts, helping people find the activities that make their true selves come alive or supporting small businesses and studios across the entire globe, we believe that being active is the key to living a happy and healthy life.