Our mission is to inspire people everywhere to live fuller, happier, and more active lives. That’s why we created ClassPass: a membership that gives customers access to boutique fitness classes, gyms, and wellness offerings across a wide network of partners in over 100 cities and 20 countries.
We take pride in crafting a supportive environment that encourages you to achieve your own goals in work and life. We deeply value diversity and personal growth. Positivity is at our core, and we’re sure that you'll feel that from the moment you step into our office.
About the Role:
The Product, Engineering, Design and UX Research team at ClassPass is in the center of it all, executing as squads that design, create, and develop engaging products and scalable systems that shape the future of the company and help us accomplish our vision.
Our UX Research team is central to understanding the impact product changes and opportunities have on our consumers, partners, and business. We obsess about our users and are passionate about solving complex problems on a daily basis.
We’re looking for a Senior UX Researcher who will be responsible for conducting research studies, extracting insights from quantitative data, steering the UX Research roadmap, and collaborating with the Product Management and Product Design team.
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences, including customers, partners and the business.
- Generate a holistic understanding of the customer and partner experience across markets, including domestic and international markets. Identify localized opportunities and differences within the product experience across various markets.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through field visits, usability studies, diary studies, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, and online experiments (A/B testing). Produce generative research that uncovers opportunities.
- Synthesize quantitative and qualitative user data to inform key product decisions that address user needs.
- Manage the UX research roadmap and prioritize resourcing.
- Work with Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and other UXRs to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Experience in survey design. Working knowledge of statistics and experimental design.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- A demonstrated track record of managing time effectively with a high degree of self-sufficiency.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-moving, fluid startup environment. You have a "driver" personality and constantly push toward clarity and successful delivery.
- A strong collaborator and capable of defining prioritization across a number of tasks and projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with experience facilitating broader discussions and presenting to senior stakeholders.
- You’re a team player who is ready and willing to provide support where it drives the greatest impact for the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Class Pass
The ClassPass story
ClassPass was born in 2013 after Payal Kadakia struggled to find a dance class to take after work in NYC. After countless Google searches, schedule cross-checking and frustrating log-in attempts, Payal never made it to class. Rather than chalk up that evening as a failure, Payal created an idea. Working out shouldn’t be hard - what if there was a way to make it easy?
What started as an app and website that made finding and booking classes effortless is now changing how people live their lives. Whether we’re bringing together a community of enthusiasts, helping people find the activities that make their true selves come alive or supporting small businesses and studios across the entire globe, we believe that being active is the key to living a happy and healthy life.