About the role
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced Director of Product Design to manage our design team to deliver best-in-class product experiences across all user platforms. Your work will impact the well-being of customers and partners on a global scale and help ClassPass fulfill its mission of making the world a more active place.
- Manage, develop, and inspire a team of product designers: provide design direction, set clear goals, ensure continued skill and career growth, and promote a happy work environment.
- Help product designers translate broader company goals into everyday work and design decisions.
- Lead the team in executing high quality design work, in a timely manner -- spanning research and divergent concept exploration to UI/UX and final spec delivery.
- Collaborate closely with product, engineering, and business team members to set the product vision for a wide-range of user-facing products.
- Be an advocate for the customer and user-centric design thinking throughout the organization.
- Effectively represent the design process and deliverables to executive leadership.
- Continually evolve our product design process, system, and tooling.
- Exercise good judgment and creativity to ensure we’re balancing speed and quality when shipping products.
Skills & Experience
- You are a seasoned product design leader with a track record of leading design teams through successful launches across iOS, Android, and web applications that customers love.
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and retaining best-in-class designers
- You are a team player who rolls up their sleeves and get their hands dirty -- reinforcing an ego-free, highly collaborative team environment
- You are deeply experienced with all stages of the end-to-end design process, from user research to ideation to UI/UX/visual design execution.
- You embrace an iterative design and agile development process that bakes in user feedback along the way
- You’re a strong communicator, influencer, and cross-functional partner
- 5+ years of digital design experience
- A portfolio of work that is clear about your thought process, not just final design work
- Proficiency in Figma, prototyping, user research processes
Who we are
ClassPass is revolutionizing the fitness and wellness industry by bringing together the world’s best classes and experiences into one app. Founded in 2013 by Payal Kadakia, ClassPass connects members to millions of classes in 30 countries around the globe, and is now available as a wellness benefit with some of the world’s leading employers. We make it easy to prioritize your health, whether you decide to head to a local studio, play an on-demand workout or book yourself a much needed wellness appointment. Over 100 million reservations later, we truly believe that we’re just getting started.
What we believe
At ClassPass, we believe in the power of movement. But we believe in more than just that. We believe in building for the future, creating more opportunities for everyone around the world to live fully and in good health. We believe that we can always push ourselves and our company to be better, and that there is power in the hard things when we’re all working together toward the same goal. We believe in building a diverse company where a sense of belonging is felt by employees, customers and partners alike. And we believe that the secret to ClassPass’ success is its people.
ClassPass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly value diversity at our company and encourage people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or other protected characteristics.
About Class Pass
The ClassPass story
ClassPass was born in 2013 after Payal Kadakia struggled to find a dance class to take after work in NYC. After countless Google searches, schedule cross-checking and frustrating log-in attempts, Payal never made it to class. Rather than chalk up that evening as a failure, Payal created an idea. Working out shouldn’t be hard - what if there was a way to make it easy?
What started as an app and website that made finding and booking classes effortless is now changing how people live their lives. Whether we’re bringing together a community of enthusiasts, helping people find the activities that make their true selves come alive or supporting small businesses and studios across the entire globe, we believe that being active is the key to living a happy and healthy life.
Want to learn more about Class Pass? Visit Class Pass's website.
See jobs at CipherHealth