About the role
A career at ClassPass is an opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing company committed to helping over 1 million users across 20 countries reach their fitness goals. We have an exciting opportunity for a highly self-motivated, detail-oriented Data Scientist to work on the Pricing & Inventory team, which manages the two-sided marketplace between our users and our fitness & wellness partners, and leads on testing new pricing, packaging and supply acquisition strategies.
This role builds models and data products that drive strategic initiatives, creates dashboards to evangelize insights, and works cross-functionally to empower stakeholders with data. The person in this role should be comfortable leading initiatives both to create new data products as well as improve our existing systems. They should be comfortable setting up monitoring on our systems and take the initiative in noticing and resolving problems when they occur.
Successful candidates will be strong individual contributors, comfortable with test design and execution, and possess an intense curiosity about marketplace dynamics. They should thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to distill complex ideas to stakeholders of all levels of technical fluency.
- Quantify the value of current and future venues within our network
- Design ML algorithms to optimize sales targets and close rates
- Engineer prediction models for user and venue retention
- Productize clustering algorithms for user segmentation
- Model user affinity and predict demand for both real and theoretical classes
- Model venue similarity as part of recommendation engines
- Simulate revenue projections based off toggled pricing and inventory configurations
- Engineer backend services for new products and offerings
- Design dashboards for internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with Sales Operations to automate prospecting and onboarding processes
- Collaborate with Product/Engineering to productionize data flows that power user-facing products and services
- Collaborate with Marketing on targeting segmentation and lifecycle drip campaigns
- Collaborate with Analytics and BI to maintain data fidelity across various data warehouses
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years experience as a data scientist building machine learning models for business application
- Degree in a quantitative field (E.g. Economics, Statistics, Engineering)
- Strong knowledge of statistics and machine learning
- Experience with A/B testing
- Fluency in SQL and Python (preferred) or R
- Competence in version control using Git
- Experience deploying systems using Linux, Docker, and the Java Virtual Machine
- Experience with Postgres in an Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) context
- An understanding of AWS services such as S3, Athena, RDS, IAM, ECS, and EMR
- Expertise in stream processing using Kafka and Spark or Flink.
- Experience in DTC and/or Subscription business models
- Strong business acumen; can consider higher-level business context while still approaching analytical problems with technical precision and data-mindedness
- Knowledge and/or experience with BI tools (Tableau preferred)
- Superb communication skills, in speech and in writing
Who we are
ClassPass is revolutionizing the fitness and wellness industry by bringing together the world’s best classes and experiences into one app. Founded in 2013 by Payal Kadakia, ClassPass connects members to millions of classes in 30 countries around the globe, and is now available as a wellness benefit with some of the world’s leading employers. We make it easy to prioritize your health, whether you decide to head to a local studio, play an on-demand workout or book yourself a much needed wellness appointment. Over 100 million reservations later, we truly believe that we’re just getting started.
What we believe
At ClassPass, we believe in the power of movement. But we believe in more than just that. We believe in building for the future, creating more opportunities for everyone around the world to live fully and in good health. We believe that we can always push ourselves and our company to be better, and that there is power in the hard things when we’re all working together toward the same goal. We believe in building a diverse company where a sense of belonging is felt by employees, customers and partners alike. And we believe that the secret to ClassPass’ success is its people.
ClassPass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly value diversity at our company and encourage people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or other protected characteristics.
About Class Pass
The ClassPass story
ClassPass was born in 2013 after Payal Kadakia struggled to find a dance class to take after work in NYC. After countless Google searches, schedule cross-checking and frustrating log-in attempts, Payal never made it to class. Rather than chalk up that evening as a failure, Payal created an idea. Working out shouldn’t be hard - what if there was a way to make it easy?
What started as an app and website that made finding and booking classes effortless is now changing how people live their lives. Whether we’re bringing together a community of enthusiasts, helping people find the activities that make their true selves come alive or supporting small businesses and studios across the entire globe, we believe that being active is the key to living a happy and healthy life.
Want to learn more about Class Pass? Visit Class Pass's website.
The social news and entertainment company.