As the VP, Finance you will the unique opportunity to join an established, yet high growth company and have a meaningful impact on the future of Classy (while mobilizing and empowering the world for good). This will be a high visibility position (working with a high caliber team) that will bring a true SaaS expertise into how our Finance team operates.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Focus on strategic design and execution of FP&A, financial processes, plans and procedures to enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency
- Leading budgeting and financial model building process alongside CEO, Executive team, and BOD.
- Drive alignment, focus and outcomes across all functions with financial planning, budget management, compliance, controls and analytical insight
- Manage the financial health of the business by partnering with executives to focus on strong ROI investments and optimizing costs
- Develop cross-functional processes and/or structures that improve operational efficiency
- Lead all financial reporting – Monthly, Quarterly, Annually
- Maintain relationship with banks
- Oversee and assist in tax filings and compliance documentation
What you bring (Required):
- 8+ years of progressive experience within finance function
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role, and the proven ability to build and scale successful teams
- Meaningful SaaS experience
- Experience leading, managing and scaling the finance function (team, system implementation, and process development) through periods of rapid revenue growth; GL implementation experience (hyperion or adaptive insights)
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experienced in developing and presenting business plans, models, and financial forecasts to management and the investment community.
- Demonstrated track record as a trusted business partner (internal and external) with the ability to effectively communicate and lead business and financial decision making with key leaders
- Ability to think strategically, but also focus on tactical and operational issues
- Exceptional analytical, financial modeling, and systems skills
- Strong process skills
- Deep appreciation and comfort with analytical rigor and clarity
- Sharp communication skills including excellence in writing and presenting
What would be awesome to have (Preferred):
- Prior experience in a like staged start up; Has been through later stage growth rounds
Our amazing perks!
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Generous company holiday schedule
- 10 half-day Fridays annually
- 20 hours of paid volunteer time off
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass or rideshare allowance
- Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- 401(k) plan
- Generous parental leave benefits
- Dog-friendly office
- Fitness membership discounts (and other perks)
- Downtown office with views of Petco Park and the ocean
Classy is a social enterprise that creates world-class online fundraising software for nonprofits, modernizing the giving experience to accelerate social impact around the world. Recognized as one of the most valuable tech startups in San Diego, Classy is trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children. Working for Classy means you’re an integral part of our mission—to mobilize and empower the world for good—and our unique culture. You’ll learn, contribute to amazing customer experiences, and flourish alongside colleagues who are determined to make a lasting social impact. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.
Classy is the world’s fastest growing fundraising platform for social impact organizations. Since 2011, we’ve enabled millions of people across 300K individual campaigns to help fund more than 3,000 organizations. From cutting-edge health programs to educational advancement, our customers are tackling the world’s greatest challenges with the power of the Classy platform.
Want to learn more about Classy? Visit Classy's website.
Jobs You May Like