DevOps Engineer II
Classy, San Diego Headquarters
We’re on a mission to mobilize & empower the world for good.
Classy is growing and is looking for a DevOps engineer to focus on performance and reliability across all of Engineering. Classy builds on an open source stack (AngularJS, Node.js, PHP, MySQL, MongoDB, Linux) and hosts on AWS. Come join us in doing what you love to do, while making a dent in the world of philanthropy.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement AWS services for engineering teams in a reliable and resilient manner
- Implement monitoring to ensure reliability and performance meets or exceeds business goals
- Work closely with engineers to assist in the reproduction and resolution of defects
- Define standards for configuration, monitoring, reliability, security and performance
- Provide perspective regarding hosting limitations and capabilities relating to Classy’s software design and data centers
What you bring (Required):
- 3+ years working with high-scale Web-based systems
- Design, write and deliver software to improve reliability, availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency
- Expert in analyzing large-scale Web applications and APIs using Node.js or PHP, MySQL, and MongoDB
- Deep understanding of AWS, Nginx, networking, CDNs, and other modern infrastructure
- Understanding of UX and performance/latency effects
- Ability to mentor engineers on techniques to improve site reliability and performance
- Understanding of incident management, and a knack for troubleshooting tough problems
- Realize that failure is inevitable, so embrace it and plan for it
- Comfortable with a fast paced startup environment and tight deadlines
- Curiosity about how things work, and ability to learn rapidly
- A passion for making this world a better place
Our amazing perks!
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Generous company holiday schedule
- 10 half-day Fridays annually
- 20 hours of paid volunteer time off
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or ride-share allowance
- Pet-friendly office
- Generous parental leave benefits
- Variety of Classy Communities (affinity groups) offered - Toastmasters, Pride Club, etc.
- Annual stipend for professional & personal development
- Fitness membership discounts
- As much coffee, cold brew, and kombucha as you can drink
- Monthly employee development courses
- Expansive office in downtown San Diego overlooking Petco Park and the ocean
Classy is a social enterprise that creates world-class online fundraising software for nonprofits, modernizing the giving experience to accelerate social impact around the world. Based in San Diego, CA, Classy is trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.
Classy is the world’s fastest growing fundraising platform for social impact organizations. Since 2011, we’ve enabled millions of people across 300K individual campaigns to help fund more than 3,000 organizations. From cutting-edge health programs to educational advancement, our customers are tackling the world’s greatest challenges with the power of the Classy platform.