Sales Development Representative
Classy, San Diego, CA
We’re on a mission to mobilize & empower the world for good.
We are looking for dynamic, high-performing, and hard working individuals to join our expanding inside sales team. The ideal candidate is excited to pursue a career in sales and has done their research on what makes an outstanding salesperson. A successful SDR has exceptional communication skills, loves the thrill of the hunt, and is determined to succeed.
Sales Development Reps are the front line of the sales process and spend their days cold calling into nonprofit organizations. SDR’s are measured by their seamless handoffs of qualified leads to our Account Executive team. Success in this role is obtained by hitting and exceeding monthly goals, consistently staying ahead of daily metrics, and handling pressure in stride, all in a team-focused environment. The ultimate goal in the Sales Development Role is to graduate into a full cycle sales role as an Account Executive.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- You are committed to a high standard of integrity and work ethic
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn't an option
- You’re an excellent listener, assertive, persistent, and persuasive - show us your grit!
- You are genuinely curious about people, and possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- You have an appetite for learning! You’re keen on turning training and feedback into action and continuous self-improvement
- Making 80-120 cold calls a day to non-profit organizations
- Methodically qualify, build, and manage an accurate sales pipeline in Salesforce
- Consistently surpassing your monthly quotas through hard work and implementing feedback
- Thrive on change while remaining highly organized, optimistic, and coachable
- Become an expert in online fundraising - asking insightful questions, overcoming objections and understanding your client’s needs will be critical to your success.
- Excellent communication skills & dynamic telephone presence - No fear of the phones!
- Positive attitude and a drive to win
- Technically savvy
NICE TO HAVE:
- 1+ years of inside sales or relevant experience (selling over the phone/web preferred)
- Previously trained in consultative / value based selling
- Experience using a CRM, preferably Salesforce
- Bachelor’s Degree
Our amazing perks!
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Generous company holiday schedule
- 10 half-day Fridays annually
- 20 hours of paid volunteer time off
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or ride-share allowance
- Pet-friendly office
- Generous parental leave benefits
- Variety of Classy Communities (affinity groups) offered - Toastmasters, Pride Club, etc.
- Annual stipend for professional & personal development
- Fitness membership discounts
- As much coffee, cold brew, and kombucha as you can drink
- Monthly employee development courses
- Expansive office in downtown San Diego overlooking Petco Park and the ocean
- Professional development and learning stipends
Classy is a social enterprise that creates world-class online fundraising software for nonprofits, modernizing the giving experience to accelerate social impact around the world. Based in San Diego, CA, Classy is trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.
Classy is the world’s fastest growing fundraising platform for social impact organizations. Since 2011, we’ve enabled millions of people across 300K individual campaigns to help fund more than 3,000 organizations. From cutting-edge health programs to educational advancement, our customers are tackling the world’s greatest challenges with the power of the Classy platform.
Want to learn more about Classy? Visit Classy's website.
Wholesale’s leading digital marketplace and data exchange