Sr Software Test Engineer
We’re on a mission to mobilize & empower the world for good.
Classy's Product Technology team is hiring a Senior Software Test Engineer that will join one of our agile scrum development teams, and play a key role in designing, developing and executing software tests for the Classy Online Fundraising Platform. The ideal candidate is very experienced in manual testing, creating test strategies and test plans along with some experience writing Cucumber or Karate scenarios of back-end and front-end web applications/services. We want to talk to you if you have a strong desire to be part of a team that is highly collaborative and focuses on delivering high quality software on-time.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Be part of a highly collaborative testing team focused on increasing automated testing and decreasing time to market while increasing quality
- Design, develop and execute innovative and comprehensive tests, verification and validation strategies, processes, tools and techniques including automated tests
- Involved in all aspects of development and test: design-for-test, integration, component and integration, and finally functional customer experience testing at UI + API layers
- Work with dev system leads, manual and automation leads, and test engineer peers on system designs, requirements development and mapping, and process implementation
- Collaborate with personnel across multiple disciplines and teams including: engineering, product management, design, marketing and customer care
- Participate in continual product improvement efforts and work with team members to implement best practices and procedures to ensure we are always learning
- Work with limited supervision, and take ownership of testing projects to achieve schedule, financial, and technical goals as assigned
What you bring (Required):
- 5 - 7 years experience designing, developing, and executing software tests in a fast paced scrum (agile) environment
- 1-3 years experience writing Cucumber/Karate scenarios used for testing software - must be able to demonstrate intermediate coding skills
- Experience testing both Front-end and back-end components - must be able to demonstrate knowledge of RESTful services and how web applications are built
- Experience working on technical projects delivered within cost and on-time as part of a software product development team
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective team player with high level of customer empathy - must want to be part of the team and do right by those who choose to use our software platform
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic, team-oriented agile scrum environment
What would be awesome to have (Preferred):
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or Technical School for Programming with 3-5 years experience
- Experience working with SaaS applications deployed to AWS
- Strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills
- Nonprofit or online fundraising experience and/or Payment Processing experience
Our amazing perks!
- Unlimited/Flexible PTO
- 12 half-day Fridays a year
- 20 hours paid volunteer time off
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or rideshare allowance
- Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- 401(k) plan
- Dog friendly office
- Fitness membership discounts
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings and participate in team sports
- Monthly employee development courses
- New expansive office in downtown San Diego overlooking Petco Park baseball stadium and the ocean
Classy is a social enterprise that creates world-class online fundraising software for nonprofits, modernizing the giving experience to accelerate social impact around the world. Recognized as one of the most valuable tech startups in San Diego, Classy is trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children. Working for Classy means you’re an integral part of our mission—to mobilize and empower the world for good—and our unique culture. You’ll learn, contribute to amazing customer experiences, and flourish alongside colleagues who are determined to make a lasting social impact. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.
Classy is the world’s fastest growing fundraising platform for social impact organizations. Since 2011, we’ve enabled millions of people across 300K individual campaigns to help fund more than 3,000 organizations. From cutting-edge health programs to educational advancement, our customers are tackling the world’s greatest challenges with the power of the Classy platform.
Want to learn more about Classy? Visit Classy's website.
Impact everything around you.