Classy, AZ, CA, CO, FL, IN, KS, MT, NV, OR, UT, VA, WI, GA, TX, NJ, WA, IL, PA
We’re on a mission to mobilize & empower the world for good.
Classy’s Product Technology team is hiring a Data Engineer to join our Data Insights team to optimize and extend our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as the flow and collection of data from multiple sources. The ideal candidate has a solid software engineering background, and is driven by exciting technical challenges and thrives in a fast-paced, iterative, and collaborative environment. We want to talk to you if you are excited about optimizing and potentially re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of product and data initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- Create and maintain an optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Have a critical role in defining and maintaining our overall data strategy that will help fuel future innovation.
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimize data delivery and re-design infrastructure for greater efficiency and scalability.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Within an Agile environment, work as part of a cross-functional Scrum team in serving the data needs of the company.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Participate in an engineering culture of “always be learning” where the sharing and learning from failures is celebrated and the giving and receiving of constructive candid feedback is highly encouraged.
What you bring (Required):
- Advanced experience writing SQL queries, and working knowledge of a variety of databases (MySQL, Mongo, Redis).
- High-level proficiency with Python, Node.js, AWS (Lambda, SNS, EC2, ECS).
- Experience with data warehouses: Redshift (preferred), Azure, BigQuery, Snowflake...
- Experience with manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Strong analytical skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Strong project management and organizational skills: ability to understand project requirements and translate them into technical subtasks.
- Experience with data visualization systems like Looker, Tableau.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Deep experience with code versioning tools (GIT/Bitbucket).
- A deep sense of quality, and sharp engineering skills with strong computer science fundamentals.
- 4+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, building and optimizing “big data” data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
What would be awesome to have (Preferred):
- Experience with data science
Our amazing perks!
- Unlimited/flexible paid time off (PTO)
- Generous company holiday schedule
- 10 company half-days annually
- 20 hours of paid volunteer time off/impact hours
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- Generous employer contribution towards Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) plan and 3% employer match (effective 5/1/2021)
- Generous parental leave benefits
- Paid sabbatical leave for every 4 years at Classy
- Access to virtual wellbeing apps like Headspace and Ginger
- Variety of employee discounts (including gym membership and bar/restaurant discounts)
- Professional development and learning stipends
- Work from home stipend while working remote due to COVID-19
- Downtown office with views of Petco Park and the ocean (and dog friendly!)
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass or rideshare allowance when commuting to the office
Classy is a B Corp Certified social enterprise that helps nonprofit organizations maximize their impact through a suite of world-class, online fundraising tools to accelerate social impact around the world. Based in San Diego, CA and trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children, nonprofits use Classy’s platform to raise money, engage their communities, and advance their missions. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $2 billion for social good. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.
Classy is the world’s fastest growing fundraising platform for social impact organizations. Since 2011, we’ve enabled millions of people across 300K individual campaigns to help fund more than 3,000 organizations. From cutting-edge health programs to educational advancement, our customers are tackling the world’s greatest challenges with the power of the Classy platform.
Want to learn more about Classy? Visit Classy's website.
The best bed for better sleep