Manager, Test Engineering
Classy, AZ, CA, CO, FL, IN, KS, MT, NV, OR, UT, VA, WI, GA, TX, NJ, WA, IL, PA
We’re on a mission to mobilize & empower the world for good.
*Please note: we are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time*
Classy's Product Technology team is hiring a Manager of Software Test Engineering that will join our existing high performing test engineering team. In this role, you will lead a team of engineers to design, develop, enhance and maintain the suite of test cases to ensure delivery of the highest quality experience for our customers and meet our “Do no harm” policy. The ideal candidate is a results-oriented leader with strong technical and interpersonal skills with experience in testing both API and UI layers. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to be part of testing the Classy online fundraising platform for nonprofits. Must have the desire to be part of a team that is highly collaborative and focuses on delivering world class quality software on-time.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Amplify the talents of the current team members - creating multipliers
- Attract, hire, and retain world class talent that want to make a difference - who we hire is extremely important to our culture
- Own the in-sprint testing process, release trains & deployments, and release quality along with reporting of all quality, sprint and release metrics
- Create repeatable methods to assess, measure and communicate the overall quality of all projects and deliver key metrics to assess the overall effectiveness of the test engineering team
- Remove blockers as needed in order to keep the release train moving forward while maintaining world class quality - escaped defects < 5%
- Work strategically across multiple teams to ensure that all dependencies are being considered in order to minimize gaps in test coverage - across local, nearshore and offshore teams
- Work with project managers to identify/resolve all issues that could impact project scope and/or time frames
- Work closely with the Test Engineering Testware Manager, Testware Lead, and Lead of Manual Testing to develop an overall test strategy and roadmap for all teams across the platform
- Support innovation and growth through the creation of new industry leading methods and assets
- Collaborate effectively with our globally distributed teams to achieve the business goals
- Create a best in class Test Engineer Development program with career paths and job responsibilities for each level of the Test Engineering Organization
- Be part of a highly collaborative test engineering team focused on shifting left, improving the test case creation process, and ensuring that Done means Done by sprint end and shortening the feedback cycle
- Work with Test Engineers to ensure that each engineer is capable of testing on their local development environment
- Participate in continual product and process improvement efforts and work with team members to implement best practices and procedures to ensure we are always learning & improving
What you bring (Required):
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline OR Technical School with 10+ years experience
- Desire to be a servant leader working for the Test Engineering Team
- 3+ years experience as software test manager in a fast paced scrum (agile) environment building web applications or microservices
- 7 or more years of experience as a test or QA engineer with experience in UI, API and E2E test planning, test case design for both web and non-web applications, and some experience with services
- 3 or more years experience testing applications or services that run on AWS; and the ability to build, deploy, troubleshoot, debug, and recommend solutions for issues that arise
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership
- Ability to effectively communicate on the overall quality of the platform, in-sprint test status, regression test status, timelines, and any issues/blockers with the ability build and present highly effective presentations/graphs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability and willingness to communicate with a variety of audiences at all levels
- Flexible, dynamic and effective team player with high level of customer empathy - must want to be part of the team and do right by those who choose to use our software platform
- Desire and motivation to mentor and grow team members
What would be awesome to have (Preferred):
- Master’s degree OR 20 years of experience
- Nonprofit or online fundraising experience and/or Payment Processing experience and/or CRM Platform integration experience
Our amazing perks!
- Unlimited/flexible paid time off (PTO)
- Generous company holiday schedule
- 10 company half-days annually
- 20 hours of paid volunteer time off/impact hours
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- Generous employer contribution towards Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) plan and 3% employer match (effective 5/1/2021)
- Generous parental leave benefits
- Paid sabbatical leave for every 4 years at Classy
- Access to virtual wellbeing apps like Headspace and Ginger
- Variety of employee discounts (including gym membership and bar/restaurant discounts)
- Professional development and learning stipends
- Work from home stipend while working remote due to COVID-19
- Downtown office with views of Petco Park and the ocean (and dog friendly!)
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass or rideshare allowance when commuting to the office
Classy is a B Corp Certified social enterprise that helps nonprofit organizations maximize their impact through a suite of world-class, online fundraising tools to accelerate social impact around the world. Based in San Diego, CA and trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children, nonprofits use Classy’s platform to raise money, engage their communities, and advance their missions. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $2 billion for social good. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.
Classy is the world’s fastest growing fundraising platform for social impact organizations. Since 2011, we’ve enabled millions of people across 300K individual campaigns to help fund more than 3,000 organizations. From cutting-edge health programs to educational advancement, our customers are tackling the world’s greatest challenges with the power of the Classy platform.
Want to learn more about Classy? Visit Classy's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.