Sales Development Representative
Climb, New York
Finance your education today Applying does not affect your credit.
Who we are:
Climb Credit is the first point-of-sale education finance company focused on high-ROI education. We partner with educational institutions in order to fund loans that will increase students' access to higher education and improved earnings potential.
Said more simply: we aim to fund only education that is a good investment for students.
Overview of role:
A Climb Sales Development Representative (“SDR”) is creative, energetic and excited by the prospect of helping schools discover solutions to a constantly changing education and economic environment. SDRs will be on the front lines of making new introductions between schools and the Climb lending team. An SDR will be the first contact that a prospective partner school interacts with at Climb and responsible for our partner’s early impressions of the company. Climb SDRs are problem solvers and take the initiative to prioritize partner experience from the very first conversation.
- Execute outbound call and email campaigns from company provided list to make warm introductions for Account Executives
- Qualify or Disqualify prospective partners over the phone based on a prescribed set of criteria
- Assist Account Executives with shepherding schools through Climb’s internal partner approval process
- Support Account Executives and Sales Management in cultivating partner relationships throughout the sales cycle
- Collaborate closely with Climb’s Account Executives and Sales Management provide market feedback about Climb’s products & solutions
What we are looking for:
- 0-2 Years of Sales, Business Development or Customer Service experience
- Coachable individual who wants to learn and develop their skills to accelerate a career in sales
- Past successes in a team-oriented environment
- Energy and enthusiasm about building relationships with education institutions
- Experience CRMs and ability to organize your day around a CRM-based sales pipeline is a plus
- Excellent phone and email skills
- Self-Accountability and emotional awareness
- Someone that leads by example with their work ethic and can push others around them to achieve their goals
What we can offer:
- Training, coaching and hands-on experience with seasoned sales and credit professionals
- Access to a sales process structure and sales management to set you up for long-term success
- Experience with a creative, trusted, fast-paced company based in NYC
- Collaborative, dynamic, balanced, and fun team.
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including equity
- Opportunities to rise up through the organization and to grow with the company
- Flexible work hours, unlimited time off, happy hours, and a stocked kitchen with snacks
- Base Salary $40,000 - $50,000 + Commissions and Bonus
Our number one goal is to improve the lives of our students which means we make choices that create long-term value for students, especially when selecting our partner schools.
- We are smart about moving fast but also understand that there is no one-size-fits-all decision-making process.
- If a decision is reversible, we act swiftly.
- If a decision is irreversible, we act methodically, carefully, and with deliberation.
- We plan and build for the long term.
- Learning the right skills can change someone’s life. We embody this by always striving to improve.
- We’re not afraid to try new paths and solutions.
- We challenge the status quo and are not afraid to have our own points of view challenged.
Collaboration and Trust
- We trust each other - and ourselves - to get things done together. We earn that trust by being communicative, transparent, and collaborative.
- We respect people’s time and opinions.
- We celebrate our wins and own our mistakes so we can get better next time.
Ownership and Perseverance
- It’s never not our problem.
- We always try and do the hardest thing on our list first, because chances are it’s the most important.
- Some days will be great and some days won’t, we’ll figure it out together.
Honesty, Transparency, and Integrity
- We value transparency and open discussion - no bad questions, no topic off limits. We’re here to grow Climb, and sometimes the uncomfortable discussions are what help us grow.
- We share feedback honestly and openly.
- We act with integrity by doing the right thing, even if it's not easy.
People make the company
- We are our company, and our growth is the company’s growth.
- We strive to build the best conditions possible for all of us to work together effectively.
- We keep it fun. We’re solving a large, exciting challenge. Problems are solved when people are genuinely excited by the process of coming up with the solutions.
About Climb What we do Climb Credit finances education at over 60 campuses across the country. We identify schools that consistently improve their graduates' earning potential and justify the cost of their tuition. We then provide simple, fast, and affordable loans to their students to help them meet their career and financial goals. We know students are more than just their credit scores. By factoring in the power of a transformative education, Climb can offer more students better rates--and we strive to only finance education that positively impacts students' lives.
Want to learn more about Climb? Visit Climb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Frontend Engineer - Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
Twilio, Prague, Czech Republic