Product Manager, Consumer Products
Climb, New York
Finance your education today Applying does not affect your credit.
Who we are:
Climb Credit is the first point-of-sale education finance company focused on high-ROI education. We partner with educational institutions in order to fund loans that will increase students' access to higher education and improved earnings potential.
Said more simply: we aim to fund only education that is a good investment for students.
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a product manager with experience creating, building, and shipping consumer products to join our team as our first product hire. Reporting to the CTO, you are the consummate team player, adept at managing relationships, collaborating and influencing across a variety of organizational functions. You will guide our efforts in building new products and increasing the impact of existing products. You will also help develop new product ideas based on your research and understanding of students and schools.
This role is an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious individual to leverage their product skills in a number of areas within a fast growing business. You will spearhead Climb’s efforts in leveraging our technology platform to create true career transformation for our students.
- You have created, built, and shipped consumer-facing products.
- You are a strategist who is not afraid get your hands dirty.
- You are prepared to make decisions with imperfect information, know how to lead without authority and are comfortable managing ambiguity and complexity.
- You have a blend of business and technical savvy that includes a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- You enjoy spending time in the market to understand market problems and finding innovative solutions.
- You enjoy working with technology and partnering with engineers and designers. You are a strong communicator on technical topics and you are willing to analyze data and assist with technical trade-offs when needed.
- You are comfortable working in - and driving - an agile process, and you are not afraid to experiment with the product to find the right answers.
- You want to work in a very fast-paced and fluid small-team environment at a growing company.
What you’ll do:
- Understand, identify and execute on the right product problems
- Translate the company’s high-level vision and goals into actionable tasks
- Drive and set product strategy with the management team, prioritize features, build consensus, and coordinate product schedules with your design and engineering teammates
- Work with a development counterpart to define product release requirements based on market challenges
- Work with teams across the company to help define the go-to-market strategy by providing key product and market insights
- Serve as the internal evangelist for Climb’s product offering
- Define, analyze and ship experiments that inform product strategy and consistently make high priority trade-offs between performance, speed to market, usability, short-term and long-term success
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Understand Climb’s strategic and competitive position to deliver products that are recognized best in the industry
- Oversee and manage gathering of user feedback on products launched to optimize products using interviews, A/B testing, bug tracking, and conversion funnels
- Maximize efficiency in the product development process in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid
- Measure and assess the impact of product changes to ensure it tracks to overall goals
- Help students find the right education for their needs by leveraging Climb’s dataset to create a discovery platform that helps students find the right education for them
- Make it easy for students to find affordable financing by simplifying the application process and optimizing the information design to provide clarity
- Simplify the process by which students submit documents by enabling workflows over text message
What we can offer:
- Experience with a creative, trusted, fast-paced company based in NYC
- Collaborative, dynamic, balanced, and fun team. See our team principles here
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including equity
- Opportunities to rise up through the organization and to grow with the company
- Flexible work hours, unlimited time off, happy hours, and a stocked kitchen with snacks
About Climb What we do Climb Credit finances education at over 60 campuses across the country. We identify schools that consistently improve their graduates' earning potential and justify the cost of their tuition. We then provide simple, fast, and affordable loans to their students to help them meet their career and financial goals. We know students are more than just their credit scores. By factoring in the power of a transformative education, Climb can offer more students better rates--and we strive to only finance education that positively impacts students' lives.
Want to learn more about Climb? Visit Climb's website.
Impact everything around you.