Climb, New York
Finance your education today Applying does not affect your credit.
We are looking for promising software engineers who are excited about joining a fast-growing startup on the ground floor in an entry-level role. The ideal candidate will have strong computer science fundamentals and be ready to learn more in order to build a scalable, reliable product that delivers real value to customers.
Who we are:
At Climb, we’re building a new type of student lending company: one that we would want to use and one that always finances an education benefiting the student.
We started Climb, because the status quo for funding traditional higher education doesn't work. Students graduate deeply in debt, never earning enough to payback their loans. Climb is different. We work with leading schools and educational platforms around the country, scouring the nation to find the best sources of high ROI education - education that not only works, but is affordable. Our technology solution enables students to afford modern, transformative education delivered in an efficient and sustainable fashion. We’ve raised over $400MM of lending capital, and are currently 24 passionate technologists and business people excited to be changing the face of modern education.
Check out this recent article about us in the Economist.
This role is located at our headquarters in Manhattan.
- Develop web-based applications used to underwrite loans and provide functionality that supports and informs end users (students and school officials) using the MEAN stack
- Participate in architectural decisions concerning the software and how it will be moved from design process to incremental releases
- Assist the rest of the team to resolve issues and assist in automating performance, regression, and unit testing of the software
Skills we like:
- BS or BE degree in Computer Science or other engineering program
- Familiarity with object-oriented, database, MVC, and asynchronous programming techniques
- Willingness to experiment with and learn new technologies, while still building a code base that will be maintainable for the long haul
- Excited to learn and understand business objectives, and help ensure that our products deliver value to students and schools
- Ability to work in a very fast paced and fluid small-team environment at a growing company
- Oral and written communications skills
- Professional, detail-oriented, and energetic personality
What we can offer:
- Very competitive compensation and benefits, including equity
- Opportunities to rise up through the organization and to grow with the company
- General sense of well-being and excitement
About Climb What we do Climb Credit finances education at over 60 campuses across the country. We identify schools that consistently improve their graduates' earning potential and justify the cost of their tuition. We then provide simple, fast, and affordable loans to their students to help them meet their career and financial goals. We know students are more than just their credit scores. By factoring in the power of a transformative education, Climb can offer more students better rates--and we strive to only finance education that positively impacts students' lives.
Want to learn more about Climb? Visit Climb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Confluent Cloud Engineer
Confluent, Palo Alto
Senior Engineer, Body Electronics
SF Motors, Ann Arbor, MI
Technical Project Manager
Software Engineer - Data Mining - NLP
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Sales Engineer - SMB
Samsara, San Francisco
Modelling and Simulation Engineer