Senior Software Engineer - Climb
Climb, New York
Finance your education today Applying does not affect your credit.
We are looking for a promising software engineer who is excited to join a fast-growing startup in a senior-level role. The ideal candidate will have a strong computer science background and a proven track record of leading development on scalable, reliable products that deliver real value to users. Being mission-driven and focused on problem-solving is more valued than knowing a specific language or tech stack.
Who we are:
Climb Credit is the first point of sale education finance company focused on high ROI education. We partner with educational institutions in order to fund loans that will improve students' access to higher education and earnings potential.
Climb’s engineering team helps expand access to quality education by creating technology solutions that:
- Empower our students
- Support our school partners
- Scale our internal teams
We are seeking engineers to help us build a technology platform that supports our mission of expanding access to affordable education and streamlining the student loan process. Our technology needs to assess creditworthiness, model risk, analyze and predict student outcomes, improve the speed and accuracy of underwriting, engage with our customers, and protect their personal data.
- Develop web-based applications used to underwrite loans and provide functionality to support and inform students and school officials using the MEAN and MERN stacks.
- Build creative and technically robust solutions to the product challenges we face.
- Participate in - and drive - architectural decisions concerning the software and how it will be moved from design process to incremental releases.
- Build and maintain strategies to automate performance, regression, and unit testing of the software.
- Collaborate intimately with internal teams and mentor junior engineers. We expect you to contribute and make us all better!
What we’re looking for:
- BS or BE degree in Computer Science or other engineering program with a strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- A proven track record of leading development on scalable, reliable products that deliver real value to users
- Experience as a software developer to build products for web and backend
- Familiarity with database, MVC, and asynchronous programming techniques
- Willingness to experiment with and learn new technologies, while still building a codebase that will be robust and sustainable for the long haul
- Ability to think critically about performance, scalability, and reliability of the software
- Excited to learn and understand business objectives, and help ensure that our products deliver value to students and schools
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced and fluid small-team environment at a growing company
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Professional, detail-oriented, and energetic personality
What we can offer:
- Experience with a creative, trusted, fast-paced company based in NYC
- Collaborative, dynamic, balanced, and fun engineering team. See our engineering principles here
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including equity
- Opportunities to rise up through the organization and to grow with the company
- Flexible work hours, unlimited time off, happy hours, and a stocked kitchen with snacks
About Climb What we do Climb Credit finances education at over 60 campuses across the country. We identify schools that consistently improve their graduates' earning potential and justify the cost of their tuition. We then provide simple, fast, and affordable loans to their students to help them meet their career and financial goals. We know students are more than just their credit scores. By factoring in the power of a transformative education, Climb can offer more students better rates--and we strive to only finance education that positively impacts students' lives.