Principal Client Technologist- EMEA
Cloud Technology Partners, London, UK
See jobs at Cloud Technology Partners
Cloud Technology Partners (CTP) is the premier cloud services and software company for enterprises moving to AWS, Google, Microsoft and other leading cloud platforms.
We’re not learning new ways of doing things – we’re defining the best way to do them. Our architects and engineers have been designing, building and implementing IT solutions for enterprise customers across industries for an average of more than 20 years.
We focus solely on cloud-based technologies and are the preferred partner for companies seeking to rapidly achieve mission critical business goals through cloud transformation.
We are enterprise cloud experts. You can be too. Come join us!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide the CTP Sales team with end-to-end technical solution support services from lead qualification through hand-off of a signed SOW to the Delivery team
- Take on responsibility for opportunities, potentially involving any stage of the cloud journey from data center migrations, cloud infrastructure build-outs, and application modernization to IoT, Big Data and cloud-native application development and managed operations.
- Participate in approach, strategy, and/or sales calls with assigned member(s) from the Sales team
- Thoroughly understand CTP’s offerings and products in order to shape appropriate solutions to meet client needs
- Lead technical solutioning and scoping to generate estimates and approaches for proposals and SOWs
- Create compelling proposals and deal models for all assigned sales opportunities
- Create well-crafted SOWs, partnering with Sales and SMEs and obtaining internal approvals
- Participate in client meetings to review proposals and SOWs
- Work with Staffing group to identify appropriate resources for project roles defined in SOW
- Ensure a smooth hand-off of closed deals to the assigned Delivery team
- Attend internal and client-facing kick-off meetings as a Client advocate
- Monitor project activities and create any necessary Change Orders and/or follow-on SOWs for assigned engagements
- Establish a repeatable scoping/pricing framework for CTP client engagements
- Contribute to the development of tools, documents and materials for the TCS Practice Area
- Stay abreast of cloud best-practices and emerging cloud technologies.
- Travel to client locations for sales meetings and kick-off meetings (up to 50%)
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- Provided technical pre-sales or comparable support, specifically in a professional services environment.
- Interacted with clients to gather technical information necessary to define the appropriate engagement approach to meet client needs
- Advised and acted as a sounding board for sales strategy and approach planning
- Produced well-crafted, winning proposals, SOWs, and effort estimates working collaboratively with Sales and Delivery SMEs
- Gained recent cloud experience in a hands-on or project leadership capacity. AWS, Azure, or Google preferred.
- At some point in career, provided hands-on contribution or project leadership for enterprise software development or architecture/infrastructure projects.
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED SKILLS
- Strong client service orientation - ability to develop productive relationships and demonstrate high credibility to earn "trusted advisor" status
- Strong business acumen with excellent reasoning and problem solving skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to thrive in a complex and highly consultative sales process
- Superior verbal and written communications skills as well as presentation and facilitation skills with the ability to whiteboard technology solutions
- Ability to discuss best practices in cloud architecture/infrastructure buildout and/or development and deployment of cloud applications
- Experience with CI/CD tools and processes, as well as Infrastructure as Code. Ability to communicate value proposition of both for a cloud environment
- AWS, Azure, or Google certification, or the ability to achieve certification within 90 days of hire, in any of the following - Solutions Architect, Developer, or Systems Ops
- Experience with cloud-based application development and cloud-based architectures such as microservices. At a minimum, experience with modern web-based application development with services-based architectures
- A passion for learning new technologies
- Highly self-motivated and results-oriented approach with a flexible, "whatever it takes" attitude
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous/pressure situations. Ability to collaborate and work well within a team
- A quick learner, able to digest and apply new learnings, eager for feedback
- Works to deadlines in fast paced environments and thrives in flexible day-to-day work
- Willing to travel regionally, nationally and internationally up to 50%
- Believes in working in a “continuous improvement” environment
- A sense of humor!
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Competitive compensation (mix of fixed base and aggressive incentive plan) and equity.
- Comprehensive benefit plan offerings to keep you healthy.
- 401(k) plan so you can plan for the future.
- Generous paid time off plans so you will have a healthy work life balance.
- Fitness Club reimbursement to keep you moving.
- Work remote opportunities to keep your commute nice and easy.
- Career growth opportunities to keep your career moving in the right direction.
- Trainings and certifications to keep you an expert in your field.
About Cloud Technology Partners
Cloud Technology Partners Company Overview Cloud Technology Partners, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, is the premier cloud services and software company for enterprises moving to AWS, Google, Microsoft and other leading cloud platforms. From strategy to operations, CTP accelerates end-to-end cloud adoption with the best services, software and intellectual property available on the market. Our cloud adoption program and digital innovation solutions help you achieve business results faster, no matter where you are in your cloud transformation.
Want to learn more about Cloud Technology Partners? Visit Cloud Technology Partners's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Mobile Engineering (iOS)
Brightwheel, San Francisco, California
Staff Machine Learning Engineer
Reddit, San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Foundry
Pivotal Software, Denver
Regulatory Compliance - Junior Researcher
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles
IT Security Architect
Cherwell Software, Colorado Springs, CO
Notifications, Infrastructure Engineer
Mixpanel, San Francisco