At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month, which is nearly 10 percent of all Internet requests worldwide. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. We are working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What you'll do
We are seeking a Network Engineer to join our team. You will be a senior member of our IT team responsible for ensuring a high-availability network infrastructure to meet Cloudflare’s corporate needs globally. This includes architecting, defining standards, implementing, maintaining and supporting our wired and wireless internal voice and data network, core switches and routers, firewalls, low-voltage cabling, physical security devices, and VPN. You will also partner with our Information Security team to implement, maintain and support security principles and best practices for our internal user community to align with the best-in-class web security services Cloudflare offers to our customers.
- Establishes corporate networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting and enforcing system standards
- Maximizes and ensures stable network performance through monitoring and proactive maintenance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization
- Uptime and monitoring of all corporate network circuits internationally
- Reports on network operational status by collecting, analyzing, prioritizing and formatting information as appropriate for the intended audience
- Secures the internal network infrastructure by partnering with the Information Security team to establish and enforce policies; define and monitor access
- Manages network upgrade, expansion and new implementation projects
- Provides troubleshooting guidance and training for Tier 1 and Tier 2 IT support
- Provides 24x7 Tier 3 IT Network Support
- Excellent project and task management skills delivering results with little oversight
- 5 - 7+ years experience maintaining and supporting complex computing networks
- 5+ years experience in L2-L3 network architecture and deployment
- 5+ years experience with Cisco and Juniper firewalls and switches
- Broad knowledge of network architecture, configuration and troubleshooting including IPv6
- Strong knowledge of advanced routing protocols including BGP and OSPF
- Able to design and implement secure wireless networks supporting 1000s of devices roaming between multiple physical spaces
- Experience with configuration and support of network monitoring tools, performance tuning, and troubleshooting
- Recognized as someone others enjoy working with due to your technical competence and positive attitude.
- Willingness to coach and mentor
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP)
- Juniper Certified (JNCIS or JNCIP)
- Solid understanding of LDAP/RADIUS and centralized auth for network devices
- Working technical knowledge of VoIP, PBX, voice mail, interactive voice services, and call management systems
- Experience supporting Cisco VoIP Systems
- Experience with server virtualization (preferably VMWare)
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.
Want to learn more about Cloudflare? Visit Cloudflare's website.
Jobs You May Like
Smule, Sofia, Bulgaria
Software QA Engineer
Wizeline, Mexico City, Mexico
Software Dev Staff Engineer (Cassandra/Kafka/Hadoop)
SonicWall, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Senior Lead Software Engineer
The Trade Desk, San Jose, CA
Communications Specialist, Merchant Platform
Wish, San Francisco, California
Senior Software Engineer - Product Security
Slack, San Francisco