Account Based Marketing (ABM) Expansion Strategy Manager
Cloudflare, San Francisco or San Jose or Austin
Help us build a better Internet
About the Role:
Cloudflare is looking for an experience ABM manager to own integrated campaigns for customer expansion, cross-sell and product launches. This is a high-impact, results oriented role, where you will own account based marketing (ABM) and campaign strategy for campaigns targeting our Enterprise customer base. As a critical component of our customer marketing efforts, you will be responsible for the development, execution, and measurement of integrated campaigns, as well as accountability over the success of our ABM initiatives holistically. You will partner extensively with Product Marketing, Email Marketing, and Sales, with high visibility from executives.
Successful candidates will have a passion for building effective campaigns, collaborating with cross-functional groups, and communicating across a wide group of stakeholders, including executives. You will enjoy this role if you like working with fast-paced teams and having autonomy to drive your initiatives.
This role is a part of our cross-functional Growth team, managing Retention and Expansion marketing activities for our existing customers. This a fast growing team, so this is a great opportunity to play a role shaping this business unit going forward.
About the role:
- Strategy: Establish our post-sales ABM framework and roadmap for scale. Develop multi-channel campaign strategy to drive expansion opportunities, including the who, what, where, and why for our campaigns.
- Testing: Continuously test our channels and targeting to optimize ROI on campaign efforts. Identify tools/systems necessary for efficiency.
- Cross-functional execution: Partner with Product Marketing, Product Managers, and channel owners (e.g. email and digital) to create creative/copy, campaign and flow development, testing instrumentation, and tracking. Collaborate, when needed, with Sales teams for campaign implementation and follow-up.
- Reporting: Measure ABM program effectiveness as well as individual campaign results (leveraging ops teams) and socialize performance and learnings across the team.
- Work Experience: You have a BS/BA degree and at least 10+ years of experience in ABM and campaign development, from strategy, build, monitoring, and optimization in a B2B company with large customer scale and growth. Previous experience in tech, combined with knowledge of how the Internet works and Cloudflare’s suite of products, is a strong plus.
- Strong Communication: Excellent communication skills for contributing to customer facing content and messaging. Ability to report program strategy, status, and ROI to internal stakeholders including executives.
- Data driven: Demonstrable success with analyzing data and deriving insight for improvement. Comfort with analytics tracking tools that cover the full marketing funnel and product engagement (Google Analytics or comparable).
- Technical Stack: Comfortable using Salesforce.com for campaign and reporting objects. Experience with Marketo reporting and review a plus.
- Core competencies: Strategic mindset with an understanding of how marketing drives business objectives. You can marry high-level creativity and out-of-the-box-thinking with a very detail oriented, hands-on project management style.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.