At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
Marketing builds awareness, drives acquisition, and expands usage by developing innovative, breakthrough campaigns that are delivered through multiple channels, including our website, blog, emails, social media, events, and advertising.
Content Marketing Lead - Job Role and Responsibilities
Cloudflare is looking for an experienced Content Marketer to own strategic planning and content execution through all existing and new channels. This is a high-impact, results-oriented role, where you will be on a team on content strategists that develop content to grow our customer audience and deepen their engagement throughout the lifecycle. The ideal candidate has a customer experience mindset, creating content that current and prospective customers are looking for and then optimizing a path to conversion. You will enjoy this role if you like working with fast-paced teams and having autonomy to drive your initiatives.
This role is a part of our global Product Marketing team which includes Sales Enablement, Developer Relations, and Community Development.
- Develop and deliver content marketing initiatives that drive qualified traffic, engagement, and leads to generate sales pipeline and retain customers throughout their lifecycle.
- Partner with Brand Marketing and Design to deliver content initiatives that increase brand awareness.
- Develop new strategies and content to improve our SEO rankings for targeted keywords
- Deliver copywriting and editing in a wide variety of forms, including newsletters, articles, whitepapers, landing pages, blog posts, and more.
- Develop written and video customer success stories.
- Contribute articles to the growing Cloudflare Learning Center.
- Lead a team of external marketing copywriter contractors.
- Create strategy and lead exploration into new content areas, including video, interactive, and podcasts.
- Measure and communicate the effectiveness of our content development initiatives.
- Proven record of success driving sales growth through copy optimization.
- Deep understanding of SEO practices.
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what current and prospective customers consume and how to create it.
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads, sales.
- Experience in content development and distribution using tools such as Google Analytics to measure performance.
- Understand the basic practices of social media channels, including which content and approaches work on each and why.
- Track record of production across long/short-form writing, video script writing, brand copy, and digital marketing copy.
- Deep curiosity, excellent listening skills ,empathy, and ability to get things done in a collaborative team environment.
- A passion for Cloudflare’s mission and the success of our customers, partners, and community.
- 5+ years relevant experience
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.