Business Applications Enterprise Architect
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA
Help us build a better Internet
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month, which is nearly 10 percent of all Internet requests worldwide. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. We are working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Role
As the IT Enterprise Application Architect you will partner closely with Product, Engineering, People Operations, and Finance to define the technical strategy and capabilities required to meet Cloudflare’s objectives. In addition, you will be responsible for working across the Business Applications team to build a strategic vision for technology capabilities, applications, and data in support of all functions. You will accomplish this by leveraging a deep understanding of subscription billing, understanding of best in class applications and tools, and collaborating with Engineering to make informed recommendations.
What you'll do:
- Develop strong partnerships with business, product and engineering leaders to define business, product and technology architecture for
- Subscription Billing and across the Business Applications portfolio
- Gain deep understanding of domain and industry best practices to develop technical vision and strategy
- Define and maintain long term architecture (LTA) with 24-36 months outlook
- Effectively communicate technology strategies & trade-offs up to senior leaders and down to development teams for alignment
- Gain sponsorship and alignment to ensure LTA is baked into product roadmaps with appropriate capability dependencies
- Review technical and functional solution designs to determine their technical viability and their relevance to the business goals
- Review end to end solutions to drive operational excellence and efficiency with enterprise scale in mind
Examples of desired skills and qualifications:
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to leverage architecture modeling concepts to effectively convey complex designs and concepts
- Must be very approachable and humble with willingness to mentor architects and engineers
- Ability to solve intricate, multi-dimensional problems
- Detail oriented but at the same time has the capability to step back for complete picture
- 15+ years of experience in software development, and application and system architecture, systems integration, with focus upon subscription billing
- Must have excellent communications and interpersonal skills
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.
Want to learn more about Cloudflare? Visit Cloudflare's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Shine, New York, NY USA
Data Visualization Engineer
HeadSpin, Palo Alto, CA
Engineer, Developer Tools
Spot Hero, Chicago
Fearless, Montgomery, AL
Sales Engineer, Hong Kong
Shape Security, Singapore/APAC
Software Engineer (45 openings)
Flexport, San Francisco, CA