Sr. Analyst/Compensation Manager
Cloudflare, San Francisco or Austin
Help us build a better Internet
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
Cloudflare is growing our People & Places team. Our focus is getting the best people to work at Cloudflare and then allowing you to do your best work. We passionately believe in leadership at all levels, and our fast growth has created a special opportunity to really stretch our team members to acquire new skills and grow on the job. You will help us get better at this by spending time with our people and developing and implementing programs that are responsive to our people’s needs, echo our values and will scale as we continue to grow globally.
What you'll do
We are growing our Total Rewards team and looking for someone with a strong background in compensation, who is passionate about designing and developing meaningful rewards programs, guiding organizations in making pay decisions, and building knowledge and trust in our compensation programs.
- Partner with the People team and leaders to manage, consult and guide compensation decisions
- Partner with the People Operations and Systems team to design, configure and administer compensation systems
- Participate in compensation surveys and analyze market data; manage all benchmarking activity
- Lead compensation planning and review cycles with strong People team partnerships and project management. Provide leadership in company-wide compensation communications and total rewards delivery.
- Collaborate on the design of compensation programs and frameworks, including base, variable and equity programs.
- Design compensation communications, tools and processes for recruiting, managers, employees and other partners.
- Participate in the development of total compensation communications, including training, compensation statements, videos and other material
- Assist in preparing analysis and materials for Compensation Committee meetings.
- Ensure pay practices are compliant with requirements in the countries where we operate.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 8+ years of Compensation experience
- Experience with job evaluation, salary structure design and market pricing
- Experience with equity program design and administration
- Knowledge of Radford survey benchmark jobs and database
- Exceptional client relationship management skills
- Strong analytical skills; the ability to synthesize data and develop insights
- Ability to work independently as well as work collaboratively
- Keen business acumen and proven ability to align organization business strategies with rewards programs
- Experience with Workday compensation planning functionality a plus
- Exceptional communication skills both written and oral
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.
Want to learn more about Cloudflare? Visit Cloudflare's website.
Jobs You May Like
MongoDB, Palo Alto, San Francisco, Denver, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Austin or New York City