At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 1.5 trillion page views each month across 5 million Internet properties. More than 10 percent of all global Internet requests flow through Cloudflare’s network. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. Every day, about 12,000 new customers sign up. We’re working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges. Come join us.
Want to be the first technical writer to join Cloudflare? You’ll work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, customer-facing teams, and users to write technical documentation that answers nitty-gritty questions about how HTTP, networking, and DNS work at Cloudflare, and how 6 million customers can use our tools and services. Your target audience will be both developers and end users, ranging from development teams at Fortune 100 companies to Wordpress bloggers using our Free services. You will own, create and manage our API and service documentation. As we build new features, you will be the first to explain to the world what they are, how they work, and how everyone can start using them. Beyond writing, you’ll get to dive in and create code samples and tutorials –– and with twenty thousand new users signing up every day, what you create will very likely be thousands of people’s very first experiences with Cloudflare.
- 3-5 years experience writing technical documentation for a developer audience
- 3-5 years experience writing technical documentation aimed at a less technical, general consumer audience
- Knowledge of web servers, networking, HTTP, DNS and command line tools on Linux, Windows and Mac
- Creative thinker and problem solver, can take complex problems and communicate them in an easy-to-understand way
- Ability to read code and write your own code examples
- You’re excited about becoming the in-house expert user and showing users new and cool ways to benefit from Cloudflare.
- Familiarity with doc generation technologies like Markdown and Swagger
- Cloudflare’s Technical Writer will sit on the Support Operations Team and work closely with a variety of product, engineering, and customer-facing teams to learn how to use new product features and communicate them clearly to both technical and non-technical users.
- The main focus of this job will be writing documentation for new products and features to drive adoption.
- You will own all technical documentation and the support knowledge base and keep them up-to-date, ideally using knowledge centered support methodologies.
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet. In 2014, we launched Project Galileo, an initiative through which we partner with global NGOs to identify websites at risk of attack and provide the same state-of-the-art mitigation technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost. Project Galileo equips politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work.
Additionally, in 2016, we announced our partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization that works with companies to create 18-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one. With the lofty goal of shaping the future of the Internet, we’re focused on recruiting the best and the brightest, no matter what.
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.
About us Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds. We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.
Want to learn more about Cloudflare? Visit Cloudflare's website.
Jobs You May Like
The Trade Desk, New York, NY
Staff Software Frontend Engineer - International & Canada Team
Credit Karma, San Francisco, CA
Customer Care Specialist (St. George, UT)
Red Ventures, St. George, UT
Senior Software Engineer - Data Pipeline
BetterDoctor, San Francisco
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Sr. Software Engineer, Consumer Applications
Box, Redwood City