At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
Provide support and maintenance for the goTransverse Tract self-service subscription billing application within the Development, Test and Production environments. Perform day-to-day maintenance of the application in operation, including tasks related to identifying issue root cause(s), troubleshooting issues, and issue resolution, dispatch to partner teams, and/or escalation. Develops procedures for the solution of well-defined routine business problems with a high level of reliability, execution and speed. Seeks opportunities to streamline and/or automate procedures. All job duties and responsibilities must be carried out in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
What you'll do
- Configuration management:Install, configure and test software changes.
- Analyze system logs and identify potential issues with installations or proactively identify potential issues.
- Perform routine audit of the billing platform and software.
- Apply system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Recommend and assist with system performance tuning activities.
- Configure, add, and delete file systems as required
- Research, perform root cause analysis and resolve problems in the Production, Test and Development environments.
- Properly prioritize and address issues and requests per established SLAs.
- Respond promptly to application alerts and issues and follow through to resolution per defined severity levels and within the established SLAs
- Manage communication on the issues and problem statement of the issue to the customers.
- Escalate production impact details and effectively communicate issue status to stakeholders and executive leadership team.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes via automation.
- Meet with business unit representatives to define and evaluate routine business automation needs and system change requests. Interpret business specifications to prepare for analysis/design functions.
- Participate in systems analysis, general systems design, and detailed systems design.
- Maintain in-depth functional knowledge of the supported applications and interdependencies e.g., integrations with Dell Boomi.
- Generate, test, and document program code. Debug and resolve problems
- Modify existing application programs or write new programs of moderate to high complexity and scope, working with applications systems designs and specifications and utilizing standards, procedures, and techniques.
- Assist partner teams with debugging issues, and providing subject matter expertise for the billing platform.
- Responsible to acquire training, as needed, and will learn user functions, organization, and role in the enterprise to the extent required.
- College degree in computer-related discipline
- 5+ years of system administrator, programmer/analyst experience
- 3+ years experience with a subscription billing system, goTransverse Tract preferred
- Good knowledge in Database schema and running SQL queries
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience working with business functions to understand and map processes to system requirements
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks at once
- Ability to work well with team members, partner functions, end-users,and management.
- Possess excellent communication skills – written and oral, interpersonal and organizational.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.