Senior Security Engineer - Infrastructure
Cloudflare, Lisbon, Portugal
Help us build a better Internet
About the Department
The Security team at Cloudflare is focused and committed to helping secure both Cloudflare and our customers. The Infrastructure Security team works closely with the engineering teams responsible for running and maintaining our global infrastructure. Our mission is to help build security into the hardware and software that run Cloudflare’s products.
What you’ll do
We are looking for an experienced Security Engineer to help us in our mission to build a better internet. Part engineer, part hacker, you will work with our engineering and infrastructure teams to help secure our globally distributed systems.
- Work to ensure our global infrastructure is secure from all attacks, ranging from “script kiddies” to nation states.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Build internal security tools that help fix security problems at a massive scale.
- Be a technical lead, driving products from inception to completion with other members of the security team, as well as engineering teams across the company.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience on a security engineering team, ideally as a technical lead.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to distill complex security issues into concise explanations.
- Experience in engineering creative solutions in response to ever changing attack methodologies.
- Experience in developing and debugging in at least one programming language, with a preference towards Go, C/C++, or Rust.
- Knowledge of cryptographic primitives and how they can be safely used.
- Familiar with the challenges of processing security events at scale.
- Expertise in securing hardware. You should be able to talk about the differences between secure boot, trusted boot and verified boot. You should know when to use a TPM or HSM.
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.
Want to learn more about Cloudflare? Visit Cloudflare's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.