At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
Cloudflare is a rapidly growing global company and there is nothing more important to us than delivering to our users an exceptional native experience across all languages, cultures and platforms. We are looking for an experienced Globalization Program Manager for EMEA who has a proven track record of success in driving internationalization and localization programs as well as demonstrating the value of such programs. You will be the first Globalization hire in EMEA and a key contributor to our global market expansion.
A successful candidate is a highly motivated individual who works comfortably and autonomously in a fast-paced environment. You have a demonstrated ability to manage priorities and projects, with the right mix of organizational and communication skills. You will use your internationalization and localization experience and education to manage projects and requirements across internal and external vendors and linguists. You will also work cross-functionally with Cloudflare stakeholders to identify critical business opportunities and blockers and collaborate on providing solutions.
What you will do:
- Define and drive adoption of the globalization program intake process with product and content owners
- Familiar with industry trends and internal consumption trends of localized content and work with EMEA stakeholders to drive better ROI
- Train others in Cloudflare on new localization technologies and processes
- Manage and support localization projects from beginning to end, working closely with external vendors, internal business partners and other departments
- Develop project plans and workflows, managing time, budget, resources and quality control
- Evangelize localization best practices; build relationships with cross-functional teams to launch successful localized content and products
- Enforce project roles and owners, communication processes, and status meeting schedule
- Remove blockers to deliver success through the proactive management of internal and external dependencies
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Localization or Program Management required. Master’s degree preferred
- Native fluency in at least one foreign language and culture required
- Minimum 7+ years of localization program management experience, ideally on both client and vendor sides
- Hands-on experience with web/multimedia localization, common CMS platforms and localization file types required (Memsource, Zendesk, Marketo, Contentful, GitHub, BitBucket, etc.)
- Very familiar with the localization industry and vendor landscape
- Culturally aware and highly effective in engaging and working with a diverse team
- Passionate about Cloudflare and our mission
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.