Technical Support Engineer - Mandarin Speaking
Cloudflare, Beijing, China
Help us build a better Internet
About the Department
The Cloudflare Customer Support Team solves complicated problems and answers technical questions via phone, email, chat and social media. Whether it is a Wordpress blogger using our services for free or a global Enterprise business with petabytes of web traffic, we are always eager to assist. We are the eyes and ears of Cloudflare, acting as the real-time voice of the customer to help communicate their needs and real-world use cases back to the rest of the company - for better service and future product development.
What You'll Do
Do you like solving complex problems? Are you an analytical thinker with a knack for non-linear logic? Do you enjoy interacting with people?
We are seeking a Technical Customer Support Engineer to join our team. You will work with our users on complicated technical support issues as well as the Technical Operations team that is responsible for running our global, distributed network. You will also build system security tools including writing web security firewall rules and build big data analytics tools. This is a position where you will learn the inner workings of Cloudflare's technology, while also getting to work directly with our customers, particularly in the APAC region.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 2+ years of customer-facing technical support experience
- Fluent in Mandarin
- Extensive experience troubleshooting DNS and networking-related issues
- Familiarity with Linux and web programming
- Understanding of DNS and how the Internet works
- Experience with Apache, Nginx, IIS, and other web servers
- You live at the command line, and only use a GUI when you have no other choice
- You know that a curl isn't necessarily related to weightlifting or an Olympic sport
- Experience working in a support role where you thrived every time you resolved a ticket
- Strong communication skills that allow you to be a bridge between customers and the engineering team
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL, and other database servers
- Experience with popular blogging platforms, forum software, and/or CRM software
- Interest in web security
- You have worked at a hosting company or a web development company
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.
Want to learn more about Cloudflare? Visit Cloudflare's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos