At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 1.5 trillion page views each month across 5 million Internet properties. More than 10 percent of all global Internet requests flow through Cloudflare’s network. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. We’re working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges. Come join us.
About the Role
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to build a better Web.
We believe that with our talented team, smart technology and engaged users we can solve some of the biggest problems on the Web. Just how big?
- We have over 6 Terabit of network transit capacity
- We serve more web traffic than Twitter, Amazon, Apple, Instagram, Bing, & Wikipedia combined
- Anytime we push code, it immediately affects over 200 million web surfers
- Every day, more than 10,000 new customers sign-up for Cloudflare service
- Every week, the average Internet user touches us more than 500 times
- We serve data from over 100 points-of-presence around the world
You will be responsible for helping to operate, operationalize, automate, and scale one of the biggest data pipelines in the world. Our stack includes Kafka, Flink, Postgres, Citus, Go microservices, Mesos, and Docker.
- Experience operating, automating, and optimizing distributed data processing pipelines at web scale
- Experience building and administering alerting and monitoring systems around data processing pipelines
- Good Linux/UNIX systems knowledge
- Strong systems-level debuggingSoftware development language skills in Python, PHP, Go, SQL or Bash
- Strong skills in network services such as DNS, TLS/SSL, HTTP
- Experience with continuous / rapid release engineering
- Strong tooling and automations development experience
- Experience working in a 24/7/365 service environment
- Experience with cluster and configuration management systems such as Docker, Mesos, Marathon, Zookeeper, Salt
- Experience administering PostgreSQL and MySQL databases
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet. In 2014, we launched Project Galileo, an initiative through which we partner with global NGOs to identify websites at risk of attack and provide the same state-of-the-art mitigation technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost. Project Galileo equips politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work.
Additionally, in 2016, we announced our partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization that works with companies to create 18-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one. With the lofty goal of shaping the future of the Internet, we’re focused on recruiting the best and the brightest, no matter what.
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.
About us Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds. We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.
Want to learn more about Cloudflare? Visit Cloudflare's website.
Jobs You May Like
Repair Technicians (Mobile Phones + Tablets)
1010data, Bentonville, Arkansas
Senior Software Engineer
Software Development Engineer - iOS
Hotstar, Bangalore, Karnataka
Software Engineer, Pricing Optimization
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Developer - ServiceNow
KPMG New Zealand, Auckland