Country Marketing Lead - Greater China (Singapore)
Help us build a better Internet
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
We are a multi-facetted, full funnel B2B marketing team executing on both digital campaigns and in-person programs and events. Our main focus is to build awareness and influences revenue by partnering with sales teams to provide pipeline dollars. We deliver both digital and face-to-face interactions with prospects and customers that drive sales conversions forward. We are looking for a well-rounded, experienced Marketer that will lead our marketing initiatives in the Greater China region that includes Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan.
About the Role
Cloudflare is looking for a strong B2B Enterprise marketing lead, who is dynamic, creative, and analytical. The individual has a track record of delivering smashing programs that generate new prospects and grow the marketing revenue pipeline. This person will be dedicated to growing our businesses in China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan so a deep understanding and experience in driving marketing generated pipeline in these markets are crucial.
You will conceive, launch, and lead a series of digital campaigns that span a variety of online channels – Pay-per-click (PPC), Display, Retargeting, email, organic, social, webinars, content syndication, to name a few. You will also driving our in-person events strategy and end to end execution. You have a natural inclination to measure the effectiveness of marketing activities, strong project management skills, and the ability to think strategically and orchestrate many moving parts. You must have full working knowledge and expertise of the demand generation marketing funnel and lead flows. The right candidate will have the ability to work cross-functionally with all teams in-region and in headquarters in San Francisco, with the goal of localizing and amplifying the global campaigns and events to drive demand and generate leads.This is a China Country role based in Singapore, hence understanding the greater China markets will be required.
What you'll do
- Reporting into the Head of Marketing, APAC based in Singapore
- As the China country marketing lead, you will be responsible for both online and offline marketing strategies and tactics.
- Work in cross-functional teams and collaborate closely with global demand generation, product marketing, sales, marketing operations, sales ops and many others in the development, execution and measurement of marketing initiatives
- Align the marketing activities to support the sales goals for leads and opportunities
- Measure campaign impact through SFDC reporting, evaluate campaign ROI, and present recommendations for improvement
- Plan, promote, and host field marketing events (trade shows, conferences, executive dinners, and workshops) across the Greater China Region that capture prospects and help move them into customers.
- You will be responsible for the design, production, execution, and optimization of online marketing campaigns across multiple channels (e.g. SEM, organic/SEO, retargeting, email, webinars, etc.)
- Work with cross-functional team members (Design, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Product) to orchestrate high-impact integrated marketing campaigns.
- Work with the global marketing teams to optimise and localise global campaigns to ensure market relevancy.
- Ongoing project management of campaign execution across Marketo, Bizible, and Salesforce, including data hygiene. Manage campaigns timeline, ROI, and data-driven improvements through optimization.
- Communicate campaign results to key stakeholders.
Examples of desireable skills, knowledge and experience
- Native in Mandarin and fluency in English language (both spoken and written) a must. Cantonese dialect would be a bonus but not mandatory.
- 7-10 years proven experience in B2B marketing (enterprise software, SaaS, regional marketing and/or info security experience a plus)
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business, Economics, or other quantitative field
- On the digital side, you will be responsible for the design, production, execution, and optimization of online marketing campaigns across multiple channels (e.g. SEM, organic/SEO, retargeting, email, webinars, social media, etc.). This person must be highly experienced in utilizing platforms such as Baidu, WeChat, Weibo and other Chinese marketing platforms and previous experience in running search engine campaigns using platforms like Baidu is mandatory.
- In addition, you must have experience creating strategy, planning, budgeting and managing trade shows, events, and conferences from start to finish
- Have proven track record of launching successful online and offline marketing campaigns and driving qualified leads in the funnel
- Strong project management/organizational skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple initiatives at once
- Strong interpersonal skills, collaborative, and the ability to coordinate across multiple departments in different time zones
- Results oriented with experience using qualitative and quantitative metrics with a focus on revenue, conversion, sales and other marketing goals
- Ability to travel to events. Expectation is 50%-60% travel within the APAC region
- Analytically inclined, exceptional organizational skills, with rigorous attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with tight deadlines
- Having a strong sense of curiosity and passion for learning
- Exhibit strong stakeholders’ management and communication skills
- Hands on experience with Salesforce, Marketo, and Google Analytics, will be an advantage.
- Previous experience in a high growth company in the SaaS, security, or network space, combined with knowledge of how the Internet works is a plus
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.