About the Department
Account Executives, Channel Account Managers, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers, Customer Success, and Sales Operations - all working together help our customers adopt Cloudflare and create great Internet-enabled experiences. The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.
Based in Beijing, you will drive sales into large enterprise/strategic accounts across China for Cloudflare’s solutions. Large enterprise accounts include, but are not limited to, MNC’s, G2000/CAC 40 companies, hyper-growth companies, and other organisations that have substantial requirements for Cloudflare solutions. Your strategic selling activities will include "hunter" type activities to proactively penetrate target named large accounts, detailed account planning, focused relationship building and leading effective sales campaigns to successful closure.
The ideal candidate will possess both a major account sales background in technology solutions, primarily software based, that enables them to drive engagement with senior level decision makers within Cloudflare’s target customers. Industry experience selling into Finance, Retail, Manufacturing and other Enterprise verticals along with Service Provider is desired in this role.
As a Strategic Account Executive, you'll be responsible for developing and executing against a Sales strategy/plan for Strategic accounts, as well as driving large account sales into China markets to achieve revenue targets. Therefore, you must have a strong network of contacts with decision makers in large enterprise accounts across the region, and have experience selling complex solutions to these accounts. You will have an intuitive understanding and experience with the key business and technical needs of these and large accounts and will create and deliver compelling value propositions to them for Cloudflare solutions.
Additional responsibilities will include
- Manage contract negotiations
- Maintain a robust sales pipeline
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
- < 50% travel
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Fluent in both English and Chinese
- Relevant direct experience, track record, and relationships within largest corporate enterprise accounts in China market
- 3 years of direct B2B selling experience, preferably managing internet accounts
- Direct experience selling network security and/or CDN solutions and services preferred
- Prior experience being part of an early sales team helping drive traction in China market for a US-based SaaS company highly preferred
- Experience managing longer, complex sales cycles
- Basic understanding of computer networking and “how the internet works”
- Aptitude for learning technical concepts/terms (Technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus)
- Strong interpersonal communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable working in a fast paced dynamic environment
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.
Want to learn more about Cloudflare? Visit Cloudflare's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one